Don Matthews Has Passed Away

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/canadian-football-hall-of-famer-matthews-passes-away-at-77-1.779082]http://www.tsn.ca/canadian-football-hal ... 7-1.779082[/url]

Wow, really sad to hear. A guy that seemed invincible.

Truly great coach and unique character. R.I.P.

Sad news indeed!

He could be a tough SOB at times, but it's an occupational hazard. He was, from almost any point of view, a winner. He will be missed!

RIP, Don!

C'est une légende de la LCF qui s'éteint avec Matthews.

Ce que les gens retiendront, c'est qu'il était un vrai gagnant. Il a toujours insufflé à ses équipes cet esprit de l'acharnement, de l'équipe qui veut à tout prix gagner et que tous doivent faire des sacrifices pour y arriver. Il a été un stratège hors-pair et fait partie d'un groupe sélect dont très peu d'entraîneurs font partie. Son influence se fait encore sentir aujourd'hui et il y a fort à parier que l'ADN de cet entraîneur-chef d'exception ne disparaîtra pas de sitôt.

Le dernier chapitre de sa carrière aura été d'aider les Alouettes à changer une saison en déroute pour une saison d'espoir. Un gagnant jusqu'à la fin!

Matthews, Ac and Bc are the main reasons I'm a Alouettes fan today. Rip The Don!! What time is it?????

Rest in peace, Don. Great coach, one of a kind, and you brought the Cup back to Montreal after a 25-year absence. :thup: :thup: :thup:

:thup:

[i]A legend! :thup:

There was only one Don Matthews. He took a broken down team from 2001, gutted a good part of the roster and implemented his way of doing things. In his first season in 2002 he wins us all a Grey Cup! :rockin: An awesome, thrilling Grey Cup that was decided in the last minute.

A genius of defence and a mastermind of special teams. You never knew what Matthews would pull out of his hat in any given game.

There were some bitter Grey Cup losses during his time here (2003 and especially 2005), but every game with the Don, you felt the team could win.

Thanks for the hard work, creativity and success coach Matthews! :thup: [/i]