Dolphins vs Bengals - NFL TNF game thread

Seen it a couple times. Both were “came back from the last one too soon”.

One thing really surprises me though. Keeping the guy with the possible head injury quiet for the first could minutes after is a massive help in reducing swelling, to the point now in English Rugby even other players will bodily hold the guy down until trainers get there now.
I am surprised it has not crossed over to football…

blitz and incomplete. 4th and punting.

yet another stupid fair catch. ugh i hate fair catch rule :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I expect he’ll be out for some time now. No way they will try and snow the public two weeks in a row. It didn’t even work the first time. I’m sure this will be the #1 off field NFL topic for the next week or so.

ugh i may need to de-stim for a bit :face_with_spiral_eyes:

trying to watch on mute atm

sorry i’m on the spectrum but trying to keep on keepin on here

speaking of head trauma

Funny, I like it.

Poor stupid money grubbing NFL. They’ll have to change the way they deal with brain injuries yet again. No more of this “He’s fine! Look, his limbs are moving!”

Ever see fingers contort like that NFL? I guess not. They’ll learn a new term in the coming days… “dystonia”.

“Some causes of acquired dystonia include birth injury (including hypoxia, a lack of oxygen to the brain, and neonatal brain hemorrhage), certain infections, reactions to certain drugs, heavy metal or carbon monoxide poisoning, trauma, or stroke.”

1 Like

Fair catch or no yards?

I don’t think it’s an easy this or that. Both seem to suit their own game.

I will say that 15 yards penalty is too much though.

2 Likes

head trauma is affecting me right now. can barely watch

i always forget how much more stim there is watching nfl

eff my head is buzzing

Tua’s twitching and contorting is scariest thing i’ve seen on football in quite a while

1 Like

I remember taking my uncle from Montana to his first CFL game. He was certain he was going to see a punt returner die.

3 Likes

nice punt return

That’s why they have those rules. The highest percentage of injuries occur on kick returns. The NFL made a policy decision to try and minimize injuries.

this game seems like it shouldn’t be this close

yea running the ball is good

2 Likes

His view on the subject changed when Gizmo took one back about 70 yards…

burrow under threw that one or he was gone

Yes, and because the punting team can field the ball, fair catching it minimizes that advantage.

I think more hoping he would pull up and get run over.

1 Like

Check out the UFO thread instead. The good thing about aliens is that they are harmless. Even though they live among us I have never known anyone to be harmed by an alien.