Does Mike Reilly Lose "Elite" Status?

A young man made a mistake and now the older, wiser version is leading our team. Let's give him a chance. We're better than a Breitbart or Fox .

Pat Lynch (the old guy who is perfect in every way. What's the matter with kids today?)

So many Fans writing with Tongue in Cheek …
Many Fans speak with forked tongues…
:0)…ahh the Summer time…

It was 3 mistakes. And I’m absolutely good with it. As long as it applies to everybody, not just the ones we want it to be.
The media and fans never judged this guy the way they have the other guy. To be fair.

Unfotunately, thats just life, some people have the knack to get away with stuff, others are dogged by even the most minor stuff (not saying JFs transgressions were minor).
Its the mob/tribal mentality that often wants to bring someone down, due to jealously.
I am proud to be a part of this TC community, where most believe in giving second chances. I also like to believe that is just the Canadian in us.

Or CNN there all tainted with their own agendas .

It’s sad that nobody just reports the news but needs to put a spin on it to serve there agenda .

Masoli while a Cat has been a great role model for the CFL brotherhood and is as you said an older version now which is much wiser as well as a great leader for the team . The Cats are lucky they have him and he persevered while waiting for his chance to start regularly .

The “other guy” beat up his girl-friend and threw away a gold plated opportunity in the NFL because he didn’t feel it was his place to study the team play-book, and then went partying with his buds when being disciplined by his team.

Not only that, he did it while in the fish-bowl of the NFL, and flying in the face of a media base that virtually worshipped at his feet after his Heisman year at Texas. Don’t thing Masoli even rippled the media waters anywhere enough to draw the same level of attention that the “other guy” did?

Yeah, you would think that Bre would be scared to death of Johnny instead of being a loving supportive wife. I guess she’s a pretty brave girl.

So do you also want to bring up JM’s history? (I don’t) I can tell you that getting kicked off your football team after leading them to the Rose Bowl made a lot of Ripples here in the Northwest. Do you want to compare what JF did to what JM did? I don’t … it’s in the past and at the moment it appears they both have gotten their lives together. That’s something to celebrate not reason to keep regurgitating their past mistakes.

Fair point.

That was my point. Equal treatment for both.

Fair enough. But then, for me, that means we treat, and recognize, Masoli with the same respect for his accomplishments and skills as we do Manziel.

I think pretty well all of us do treat Masoli with respect.
But that doesnt mean I am not going to call him out for his poor red zone performance or throwing a bone head interception at the most inopportune time.
Any JM issues on the field have nothing to do with JF. JM just needs to tweak his game a bit.

Sorry, I must have been out of town and missed your coronation . I'm paraphrasing Monty Burns of the Simpsons when I say, Who the devil are you?

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

I don’t understand the “Breitbart or Fox? reference. Is that a Simpsons thing? I have to confess that I have never seen an episode, but am aware of some of the characters and references.

There are some people on this site who are trashing Masoli and his play . The facts indicate that he is playing rather well but some "media" outlets in the states don't seem to be bothered by facts . Hence the reference to Fox and Breitbart . I'm sure they don't follow the CFL but their negative attitudes seemed to have sprouted on this side of the border . That's sad. That is why I think Canadians are better than that.
I hope this clarifies things, Palmer. As for you not watching the Simpsons, I'm sorry but I can't forgive that! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Pat Lynch (the old Simpsons' fan)

1. Hank01, how right you are regarding CNN and their bullsh…t agendas !!!

And some people actually believe what they spout 24 hrs a day…unbelievable !!!

You guys are getting way out of bounds. This not a political forum . Your view of news organizations have no place here no matter what direction they take.

Understand where you are coming from SeaFiddle, but for most people, our perception of a situation is shaped by the reporting we see, hear or read. Particularly their perception of sports teams, organizations, players and coaches. Although most of us tend to agree with those whose reports support what we already believe and tend to ignore those who run counter?

Maybe that’s why so many posters cite their source of information and even provide links to the source. IMO, knowing the source allows others to make more informed judgements of the content.

Masoli and Reily are 12 yards apart in total passing yards. Bo Levi is 500 yards behind in 3rd place. The top 10 receiving yardsinclude 4 TiCats : Banks(2), Saunders(4), Tasker (7), and Toliver (10). Banks leads in total catches.

Masoli is 10th in rushing yards and 5th in passing TDs. The guy seems to be doing okay but he still can't seem to please everybody . "Whatya gonna do?"

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

And the Eskies and Stamps have, IMO, stronger teams, with solid core players together for longer than the Cats, more playing time experience at QB, and more CFL experience in well knit coaching staffs. So, yes, “the guy seems to be doing okay? seems pretty accurate.