Does anyone think Walby is good at his job?

Everyone I have talked with thinks Chris Walby is a complete idiot. Just count how many times he says Hoggies in the game. Get over it dude yeah you played O-line we know. If your trying to be like Madden it is a very weak attempt :? and stop chearing for the Bombers :!: you are a brodcaster nation wide not on the bombers radio station.
I might be wrong but for fun I will start a poll , :?: hopefully CBC takes note. get someone , anyone else in there. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Chris Walby has no clue what he’s on about.

The Guy is a bonehead! He MUST have pictures of a CBC exec doing something illegal with a barn yard animal. Nobody could be that stupid and keep their job!

I have no problem with the guy.
Maybe he is the worst of al the commentators but he is still well paid for what he does, while we do what for a living?
remind me again who the morons are :roll:

This has nothing to do with what I do or anyone else does for a living I’m guessing your a nurse or a lawyer because that seems to be their way of thinking they are gods gift to society.To my surprise Walby is getting support. So maybe people like the hog report on every play which is cool …let the poll continue and leave your occupation out of it…For the record i’m almost positive I triple the annual income he gets from those high paid empolyers at the cbc :stuck_out_tongue: True broadcaster like Cherry and Maclean take most of the salary cap up.

I think everyone should take their comments about Walby being the “worst commentator ever” and a “complete idiot” and shove 'em. I watched the BC/Toronto game on Saturday and I don’t recall him saying “Hoggies” once. He does refer to offensive linemen as hogs from time to time, but so what? Personally I find it boring if a commentator is always referring to them as “offensive linemen”. Mix it up a little bit, lets have some variety, and Walby brings that to the table. As far as making idiotic comments goes, again I’m in strong disagreeance. Of everybody working for CBC football, between Brian Williams, Greg Frers, Millington, Flutie and Mark Lee, I think Walby does the best job calling a game/making game predictions and observations. Mark Lee looks like a stuffy bookworm, Millington stutters too much, Frers and Flutie are…how should I put it…not that fun to listen to? And Brian Williams looks like he should be hosting figure skating or equestrian. I don’t know, maybe I’m way off here, but I really don’t mind Walby, and in fact, I enjoy listening to him call a football game.

Intresting…Walby is doing OK … might have to keep it going.

Walby has the most irritating voice out of any announcer. He’s not a guy you wanna listen to for 3 hours. He knows the game well, but I don’t wanna hear him. The combo of cuthbert/suitor is great.

Walby is like the CFL’s version of John Madden: a big, loudmouthed guy who talks with an irritating voice. The difference is that Madden knows football.

Just this past Saturday, when he said that BC should have gotten a roughing-the-passer penalty for hitting Allen WHILE HE WAS THROWING THE BALL, I thought I’d heard the stupidest thing I would ever hear during a CFL telecast…but Walby outdid himself shortly afterwards when he said that the ground can’t cause an incompletion! Thank goodness Mark Lee was there to step in and correct him.

When McManus retires, the CBC should get him on the phone immediately. He’s got the smarts, the charisma, and the sense of humour to be a great analyst. Walby has none of those.

The morons are nancy Lee and the CBC for putting the loser on our TVs

Walby isn’t great, but the entire CBC CFL crew isn’t great either. Flutie is the best of the bunch. I really liked the few times he did colour commentary with Cuthbert last year, but apparently they want him in the studio. Weird. And with Cuthbert now on TSN, it’s even more apparent that the CBC doesn’t have the commentators to call a good CFL game.

One way the CBC wins over TSN: in their on-screen package. Better display of information on TV. TSN is HORRIBLE this year. Bad angles of the fields; the camera was so far during the Als-TiCats game that by the time it zoomed in on the action the play was over; they don’t post the down and yardage needed until 1 second before the snap; and some of the stats charts were completely cut off during Friday night’s game. What the hell happened? Did someone decide to trim TSN’s CFL budget this year?

Good comment Big Dave! At least Walby is consistant…Consistantly getting it wrong!

D& P makes a good observation. CBC cameras out do TSN every week, even last season.

Can we create an Allstar broadcaster? TSN Booth personnel and CBC cameramen? Just wishing out loud!

Hey maccraken
Look again and you will notice that I said While “we” do what for a living.
I am included in we. When on earth did I mention what I do for a living or what my salary is? I am real happy for you if you make three times what he does althought I’m quite sure Walby makes more than 1/3 of minimum wage, what does that have to do with whether or not I like him, and how does my posting my opinion interfere with the poll.

Oh!!! wait a minute you must be one of those people who think that no one is allowed to disageee with you. You post your thoughts and HORRORS someone dissagrees, well we just cant have that now can we. Free thinking we gonna have to put a stop to it right away!!!

In closing I would like to say
Walby for PRIME MINISTER

GEEZE where do these people come from

R01313 : Prime Minister…Hmmm Can’t be any worse than what we have now!

I might agree with you on that one!

[Hey maccraken Look again and you will notice that I said While "we" do what for a living. I am included in we. When on earth did I mention what I do for a living or what my salary is? I am real happy for you if you make three times what he does althought I'm quite sure Walby makes more than 1/3 of minimum wage, what does that have to do with whether or not I like him, and how does my posting my opinion interfere with the poll.

Oh!!! wait a minute you must be one of those people who think that no one is allowed to disageee with you. You post your thoughts and HORRORS someone dissagrees, well we just cant have that now can we. Free thinking we gonna have to put a stop to it right away!!!
In closing I would like to say
Walby for PRIME MINISTER
GEEZE where do these people come from

Hey I ran the poll so I do care , I may have misread your comment and your “We” and if so, sorry for that.
The question was about Walby and you are the one who called someone else a moroon and took on the flame you are now getting. Like I said before stick to the topic :!: It is not about me or the PM. :wink:

No problem MC I dont want any arguments
I think you still misread what I said because I didn’t really call anyone a moron
let me try again
What I meant was some of us like him and some of us dont. The bottom line is those who dont like him call him a moron yet he is the who has In my opinion a great football job and he is laughing all the way to the bank.(well maye not with the cbc but you get my point)

Again we are the morons because he laughs at us.
no hard feelings?

• I don’t mind Walby. He is like John Madden , a little irreverent and his use of english makes him one of the boys. Almost all the others are BORING! At least Walby gets excited and displays his passion for the game.
    One more thing - and it should not surprise some of us. WALBY RAN FOR THE LIBERALS IN AN ELECTION IN MANITOBA!!!

RIDERS RULE
ESKS DROOL
WALBY RULES

Good for him, he lost. He now probably makes three times more dough being paid undirectly by the government (through the CBC) than he would have made had he become an MP.

Walby ran for the Liberals…??/ Aahhhh, it’s all starting to make sense now. That explains a lot of things! LOL