Does anyone think Lumsden will try the NFL next year ?

We're talking about the odds of a CIS player cracking the NFL, and how Jesse being cut is hardly a "failure" given the statistics.

i realize that thomas went to wake forest. along with moroz.....but isnt it just as big of an accomplishment to be good enough in highschool to be given a scholarship compete in a d1 school with americans and still stand out to go to the combine and get signed by and nfl team?? still being cut at the point has to be considered a "failure" with and asterisk beside it no? and were talking about calling jesse getting cut a failure nothing really to do with the cis.

Lumsden gone, Setta gone, inept play and losing here to stay!!!!

you guys are stubborn and dont get it. yes its harder to get a shot at the nfl being from the cis....but what you dont understand is that once you get there and put the pads on you are the same as the other free agent signing long shots. you have a chance just like everyone there. get a clue.

Once again, we're talking about CIS playrs and their odds of making it in the NLF, not Canadian highschool kids being scouted by an American football program (which yes, is a huge accomplishment in it's own right).

You absolutely DO NOT have an equal shot compared to the American college products, there is a bias (whether it is overt or not) towards players who do not come out of an American program.

I have to agree with Dre here.

whether you like it or not the lack of cis kids in the nfl is not due ot an overt bias. it is due to the terrible level of competition. it is a sub par league. you can point to jesse and a couple of other examples but there are far too few to validate a league of ncaa rejects. cis players all wanted a scholarship to the states and they didnt get one. they dont play in the cis to support canadian football they play there cuz nobody else wanted them that includes division 2 ncaa and in some cases division 3. so i will agree with you that is is harder to make it from the cis. we are in agreement on that. but i still think being cut is a failure. why does that bother you so much. what am i saying that you guys disagree with. bunch of babies i swear.

It is a great accomplishment to make it to a training camp in the NFL. Anyone who does not make at least the practice roster would be considered a "failure". It depends on how you look at it.

I don't call him a "failure" because he's the only McMaster product in history to ever crack the NFL. As a local, that's something I'm very proud of, and I'm sure Jesse feels the same way.

And for the record, the CIS is not a leagure full of "rejects." If you truly believe that, I don't really see how you can support the CFL.

I will agree with you on this point…that IS a great accomplishment. If you want to call Jesse’s camp cuts failures, feel free to do that as well…I’m just trying to look at it from a more positive point of view. Where you’re dead wrong however, is in your assessment that everyone in an NFL camp has equal opportunity to make a squad. That is just flat out untrue. There are preconceptions and bias about players based on their pedigree. Coaches have only so many reps to give out, and if you don’t get those reps, then noone gets to see what you can do, and you’re gone.

first of all i never said jesse was a failure. read it over again. take a breather i said getting cut is considered a failure. you can fail and still be proud you got a chance. second answer me this how many kids in the cis if offered a scholarship to the u.s. would have stayed to play in canada? so to ignore that fact shows your ignorance. i can love and support the cfl knowing these facts because its a canadian game that protects canadian kids and gives them a chance to play. so although i admire your support you should try supporting the cfl with out your blinders on .

We don't have to go to the NFL to get a bias against CIS graduates. Look at Taaffe in the pre-season, Jesse was not pencilled in to be a starter. The products from the CIS are only considered to be the fodder, the stars are the American NFL rejects. Until we start to give Canadian players a shot at the skilled positions we will continue to be a development league for the NFL. In today's climate Russ Jackson, remember him, a Canadian quarterback in the Hall of Fame, would not even get to take a snap to prove what he could do. The one word: CANADIAN would doom him. Maybe what we need are more Canadians and less Americans. This is an exciting, made in Canada League, with different rules and different playing fields, maybe we need players used to playing this game instead of players and coaches that don't know a rouge from no yards.

you may be right. reps are divided up accordingly but there are hundreds of u.s. players that get the same treatment. in every sport. if you are on the edge you have small margin for error ie getting hurt or screwing up. regardless you play the hand dealt to you…make the best of it. who cares he didnt make it. hes a great player. lets move on.

Canfan, I feel that Taaffe already knew that Lumsden would be the starter, and he was having players audition for the backup position.

If CIS players would be considered fodder, why is Bauman starting at WR?

Russ Jackson is the rarest of gems that could start in ANY league. He just happened to play when the CFL had better talent than the NFL.

I think the ratio is pretty good right now. I agree with the remainder of your post, though.

sig does your bauman arguement really hold water. wouldnt he be starting because of the ratio?? just a question.

We have started 2 more NI players than required recently. Bauman can be considered one of them.

lol fair enough. would have been a way better example after his first game eh? lol just joking by the way

I realize it NWO. He’s a rookie, and made a rookie mistake.

for sure im not crashing on him just having some fun. he will be a good one.