Does anyone know for sure about the crossover?

I see people on here say it's still being used this year and yet I talk to others that say it isn't because there are 4 teams in each division this year. Does anyone on here know for sure? Have they heard from a reliable source?

Thnx.

they have had the crossover before when montreal was gone and when ottawa folded the last time so i dont see why they wouldnt have one this year

Yes, the crossover is in effect this year.
Rob Katz told a bunch of us at a practice this week, goofyy.

Welcome to the site!

The CFL.CA FAQ is clear on this point. The crossover IS in effect.

Oski Wee Wee,

Well, one more example of how BUSH the CFL is !!!

What the HE!! is the point of having 2 Divisions if you are going to allow a team to CROSSOVER in an EVENLY DIVIDED League !!!???????????????????????

TRULY THE DUMBEST people on the planet are running this show ....

And the FACT that some people are going to RESPOND to say that it isn't the DUMBEST THING they have ever heard is even SADDER.

Peace.

You’re a troll.

Go back to being a Boy, I Love Losing Superbowls fan.

In an 8 team league it makes sense to me to have the 6 best teams make the playoffs.

Go back to being a Boy, I Love Losing Superbowls fan.
haha, what does that even mean?

Take the first letter of each capitalized word.

How DARE YOU be logical! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I get wistful and nostaglic recalling all those years in the seventies we got in the playoffs with 6-10 type records while the Argos were worse…

Okay, i snapped out of it. :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

It has been intimated in other places that Winnipeg was quite adamant that if they were going to go back into the East this year, they wanted the crossover to remain in effect so they would not in any way be penalized for such a move.

TA-DA!

Oski Wee Wee,

Personally I hate the crossover as well.

Having 2 points more in the standings is meaningless if you are playing 1 team twice and another team 4 times.

You cannot say the 6 best teams are playing unless you have a balanced schedule

On one level, this is true, since we can’t go back to a 14-game schedule given the metrics of CFL economics. It should be looked at rather as “the six teams that best got their business done on the field.” :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Shouldn't have the cross over rule- the shedules are not balanced!

Hey Vuarra, nice to meet you, judging by your Hardy Boys encryption -

I Deduce It's Obviously Time - to take your own advice.

Peace.

Change the name to Crawlunder rule