Do you think the Lions have a good chance?

Thank you Leo's for puttin' Montreal on the ropes. :rockin:
Looks on 'em.

This fellow Al’s fan of yours gets it Discipline though I have to of course disagree with your otherwise highly informed position on Leak. :thup:

[url=http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59839#p999157]viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59839#p999157[/url]

And Leak was “playing fairly well” and you blame the coaches? :? :roll: That’s enough for me to hear on this one.

Plus usually I agree with or at least like your posts anyway Discipline due to your knowledge of the game that certainly exceeds mine as does that of many others because also I have also not long been a CFL fan and am growing as one, but on this one we’ll have to differ greatly and just let the chips fall whether they may on Leak.

Quite simply as explained above I saw very little compelling to show that he has the basic skills as a quarterback in ANY pro league in that game and do not accept any of the excuses for it provided including the predictable and cliche` “first game jitters” and other such garbage (not that you offered that excuse, but such inane banter is also making its rounds).

On Santos you have great points though I am a bit more optimistic, for it’s not very easy and sometimes harder for a guy to come in to grab the reigns and clean up the slop IMHO.

Also I think the ref’s missed the PI call on Richardson on that fine pass up the seam by Leak, but it was close all the same in real time.

He was playing as well as he could despite being hamstrung by the coaches’ insistence on him running a West Coast offense exclusively (which requires lots of reps under your belt to master), no creativity to the running game, and poor blocking at the line (Lambert in particular really messed the bed). Did he fumble the first ball away? No, it was Santos on a QB sneak. Did he drop a sure TD catch? No, that was Richardson.

Plus usually I agree with or at least like your posts anyway Discipline due to your knowledge of the game that certainly exceeds mine as does that of many others because also I have also not long been a CFL fan and am growing as one, but on this one we'll have to differ greatly and just let the chips fall whether they may on Leak.

Quite simply as explained above I saw very little compelling to show that he has the basic skills as a quarterback in ANY pro league in that game and do not accept any of the excuses for it provided including the predictable and cliche` “first game jitters” and other such garbage (not that you offered that excuse, but such inane banter is also making its rounds).

On Santos you have great points though I am a bit more optimistic, for it’s not very easy and sometimes harder for a guy to come in to grab the reigns and clean up the slop IMHO.

Also I think the ref’s missed the PI call on Richardson on that fine pass up the seam by Leak, but it was close all the same in real time.

Paolo, I have a tremendous amount of respect for your football knowledge. You know your Xs and Os better than almost anyone I can name on this forum. This isn’t personal and I don’t want to start a fight. But I cannot in any way agree that one pro game constitutes enough evidence for you to say with any degree of certainty that Leak doesn’t have the fundamentals. However, as you say, we might have to agree to disagree on this point. :slight_smile:

Discipline how I wish at this point we could just go out drinking with some other CFL fans (whether alcoholic or not on your behalf). :lol:

The beach is nearby here in Clearwater to check out the hot local chicks too, and from everything I've seen and heard I think in Montreal including your cheerleaders they are the hottest too and would want to compare them with my notes from the following rankings from repeated personal travel or living experience down here in the US:

1. Las Vegas
  2. Honolulu
  3. Atlanta
  4. San Diego (goes lower because too many chicks who don't need enhancements have them as well as too many "duck faces" with the lips overdone for sure)
  5. Puerto Rico

Tampa TBD but looking to make a run at Puerto Rico but I'll have to see if they are as spicy here too. :smiley:

Hey now, I’m a married man, so I can’t comment on your post, except to say I wish we could just go drinking. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright then just wear your ring of course and be wingman for the rest of us! :lol:

Perhaps many drinks on us later then?