do you think import rule keeps cfl out of the states???

with the import rule,why isnt the nba not having a problem in canada???look at the raptors how many canadians do they have on their teams???actully i think if the cfl did come to the states all owners have to do is get the rule book and read it and go over with their teams bacause if anybody dont wanna play 3 down football then dont let the door hit you in the butt on the way out believe me theirs alot of players out there that would love to play 3 down foootball for that check..tell me what you think........

I'm not sure how the import rule applies to the NBA. Please explain.

It's Not That The Import Rule Keeps The CFL Out Of The States But In Fact US Policy On International Workers. Now As Most Of Us Know The states Has A Labour Law That Says As Long As An american Is Trained To Do A Job No Person Without A Green Card Or Work Visa May Do That Job. This Contradicts The CFL's Import Rule. There Is One Way Around This, By Having A Team That Operates Out Of Canada But Tecnically Plays It's Home Games In The States One Could Get Around That Pesty Law.

Personnally However I Couldn't Care Less About Having Teams In The states And I Would Be Opposed To Expansion Down South Simply Because Of The Situation That The NHL Got Itself Into. Just Because Some Rich Idiot Wants A Team Doesn't Mean He Should Get It, Look At Ottawa.

But Bamboo, what if this rich idiot isn't worth just some $100 mill like the Gliebs but worth more like $500 mill +, and isn't an idiot at all but a classy person who would be good for the league. Do we tell him/her to jump in the lake because they want to put a team in the States somewhere? Not sure about that. The CHL has teams in the States and I don't hear anyone complaining about this. What's the big deal if hockey can do it? Why not football?

So Are You Thinking Of Someone Like Ted Turner And His Out Standing Atlanta Thrashers. My Beef Isn’t So Much With The Gliebs But More With The Entire South-East Division Of The NHL. It’s Turned Hockey Into A Joke As Far As I’m Conserned. Now I Think The Great Thing About The Gliebs Is That Now The CFL BOD Has Learned A Hugh Lession About Million Airs And Their Knowledge Of What The Common Fan Wants.

What about the NHL how many Canadians and Europeans play hockey in the states. There are a lot of American players yet the rule for the NHL does not seem to hurt. I think the problem is the word Quota! In otherwords they set the number of Amercians on the roster and Canadians this is where the problem occurs. But I am sure there would be a way around this if the league took time to work with the government. It would put a lot of US football players on a team that would otherwise not be playing!

Personally, I don't care. The CFL is fine where it is, in Canada. The league should focus on getting two more canadian teams (QC and something else), the US can keep drewling... :lol:

Quebec & Halifax, and get Ottawa back...then we just need to find another city in the West to host a team...maybe Kelowna?

How many 500 million + Americans with all kinds of class are shopping for a CFL franchise? I'm thinking none.

Earl I think you need to just get over this love affir you have with u.s. expansion and focus on the CANADIAN game expanding to more Canadian cities.

It would be great if we could get 12-15 teams in Canada. That would stop this absolutely crazy schedule where you can play the same team 5-6 times including pre and post seasons. Seeing a team that many times cheapens the idea of "the big game".

However we have to be realistic. When it comes to "new" markets we have maybe 2 more. And that's a big maybe. The US has numerous markets available. Imagine 2 divisions with 6 or 7 teams. That would make each regular season game a "must win". A home playoff date would be a huge happening. As it stands now some playoff games don't even sell out! The solution is simple; more teams. For that to happen I think the US is the only way long term going forward

I ***** about that issue all the time, Earl, and I think it's a disgrace that the CHL does that, the CHL and AHL should go thur a major trade. :cowboy:

to aweser the topic question, yes, it likly does

is that a bad thing, hell no.

[quote="Bamboo"]It's Not That The Import Rule Keeps The CFL Out Of The States But In Fact US Policy On International Workers. Now As Most Of Us Know The states Has A Labour Law That Says As Long As An american Is Trained To Do A Job No Person Without A Green Card Or Work Visa May Do That Job. This Contradicts The CFL's Import Rule. There Is One Way Around This, By Having A Team That Operates Out Of Canada But Tecnically Plays It's Home Games In The States One Could Get Around That Pesty Law.[/quote]

I think the Alaska team can put that off (travel isn't a problem, it's about as far as Shreveport or Miami) when they get a team along with QC, after Ottawa and Atlantic (Halifax).

Will you forget about Alaska already!

He's been bitten by too many rabid mosquito's from Winnipeg! :roll:

yes it does, and we should keep it that way......US expansion is a pipe dream.....expand to the Canadian markets only.....

NEVER!!! HERE TO ALASKA JOINING CANADA!!!