Do you like the 2008 schedule?

Thursday night games aren't too bad; the next day is Friday so it's kind of a slack day anyway.

But the late start on Labour Day is HORRIBLE! We get home late and have to get up early the next morning...for a TUESDAY! No weekend in sight to catch up on the sleep we miss.

I HATE Thursday games. Absolutely despise them. I know some teams like Thursdays, like the Argos, but the more you mix and match days of the week, the less the average fan will know about when games are.

Personally I'd like to see the league go to a double header on Fridays and Saturdays and that's it. You can still have your special days like Labour Day and Thanksgiving, but I would like a more stable schedule. For example, when does the NFL play? They play Sundays, and one Monday nighter. Everyone knows that. I can't tell you how many people ask me when the next Cats game is because of these wonky schedules. Not to mention the fact that it creates too many short and long weeks which makes preparing for games difficult. How are the players supposed to get into a routine when one week you have 4 days off and then 10 days off the next?

For me, I have mixed emotions about it. But when I consider everything, i wonder what really is the purpose of this poll? it doesn't matter if you, or me, or the next fan approves the schedule or not....its not like its going to be changed, so honestly I think that this trhread serves no purpose, because when you think about it, it really doesn't matter if we like it or not.....right?

re pc45-I HATE Thursday games. Absolutely despise them. I know some teams like Thursdays, like the Argos, but the more you mix and match days of the week, the less the average fan will know about when games are.

Personally I'd like to see the league go to a double header on Fridays and Saturdays and that's it. You can still have your special days like Labour Day and Thanksgiving, but I would like a more stable schedule. For example, when does the NFL play? They play Sundays, and one Monday nighter. Everyone knows that. I can't tell you how many people ask me when the next Cats game is because of these wonky schedules. Not to mention the fact that it creates too many short and long weeks which makes preparing for games difficult. How are the players supposed to get into a routine when one week you have 4 days off and then 10 days off the next?

:thup: agree -Friday night football, Sat night CFL and CFL Sundays :rockin: Why not Have the Args play their summer games on the road, and their fall games at home, because the Thursday games are aimed at the cottagers from T.O., How many Arg fans go to the cottage's??

I dont mind the Thursdays at all. Like children have never been to a 7pm sporting event before! I wonder how all the kids at Leaf games ever manage???

I agree when you point out the problem that it is tricky to tell frends when the ticats home games are scheduled.

The 2007 NFL schedule was not quite so simple either. It included Thursday games in weeks 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 and Saturday games in weeks 15, 16 and 17.

The real answer I think is to give me the tools to invite friends to home games. At least we have a schedule out before March this year. Let's get a neat email friendly home game schedule to mail out.

Oskee wee wee

I had already decided to give up my seasons seats this year for various other reasons, now with the schedule released, i’m glad I made that decision. I will not be able to attend any of the Thursday games. With the labour day game being a night game my wife and kids will not be able to attend as school is the next day.

I’m not a big fan of Saturday afternoon games in the fall, the kids have lots of activities going on so i’m going to be using my pvr a lot for the Cats this year. Based on this schedule I will be going alone or with other freinds to labour day instead of the family and I might be able to catch 1 or 2 other games.

This schedule provides many of the same problems that have caused 1 of my 2 seasons tickets to go unused for half of the games for the last 3 seasons. At least this year I won’t be spending money that is virtually wasted.

I’ll always be a fan of the Cats - it’s in my blood, but, I won’t be able to see them at Ivor Wynne much this year.

Stragely enough, I will be able to attend all of Cats road games in Toronto this year.

On a side note, as a Ti-cat season ticket holder I have not received one phone call about renewing my seasons seats, received no mail for renewal, have not received the traditions gift or heard anything from the Ti-Cats. Yet, I have received 3…count em three phone calls from the Blue team asking me to buy tickets. I must be in their database from purchasing Ti-Cats tickets in the past. They have been quite friendly on the phone, yet they ask me to buy tickets even after I tell them I am a Ti-Cat season ticket holder.

Why can the Blue team call me and yet I don’t even hear from the team whom I’ve purchased seasons tickets for the last 15 years?

It really seems like no time is best for you. As a suggestion, maybe suggest times that you would like to see.

You do realize the games in Toronto are on Thursdays, right?

Yes, I do.

I work in Toronto (not that it affects me at this point as far as the schedule goes), and it just so happens that the dates of the Cats games in Toronto I can make, all of the dates for Cats games for Thursdays at home I can't make. No big deal. I hear reports that they have tons of people lined up to buy tickets, so they should have no problem replacing me at Ivor Wynne this year :slight_smile:

I agree with everything you say, except about the Saturday games. I don't have any kids yet (that I know about), so I'm free every Saturday.

ps: A late start on Labour Day is fine with me - it gives us MUCH more time for proper tailgating (as long as there are porta-potties), and we don't have to fight traffic due to the LD parade.

Not knowing when the games are, and i have heard this excuse before, is absolutely the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Pick up a schedule, go on the website. If you are truly a fan you would know when the next game is and probably the next 4 after that.

It's not that I personally don't know when the games are, cuz I do. The issue is that the average Joe who might want to go to a game can't depend on games ALWAYS being on Sundays like the NFL. I just don't think it's smart for the CFL to continue to have wacky schedules.

As I suggested before, they should have a double header on Friday Night Football, and a double header on Saturdays. That way all the games can be on TV and everyone will know when the games are; hardcore fans and casual fans.

I would think the main issue about having all the games scheduled would be having the necessary time to prepare, set up in stadium (idea broadcasting trucks) and the big one now a days is HD. I doubt TSN has 4 HD trucks.

I would think the main issue about having all the games scheduled would be having the necessary time to prepare, set up in stadium (idea broadcasting trucks) and the big one now a days is HD. I doubt TSN has 4 HD trucks.
What are HD Trucks?

Mobile High-Definition Units. I would be assuming that TSN would want every/most games in HD so that would mean they would have to set up 2 mobile units (like transport trucks; 1 for standard and the other for High definition) at each stadium for broadcast.

Mobile High-Definition Units. I would be assuming that TSN would want every/most games in HD so that would mean they would have to set up 2 mobile units (like transport trucks; 1 for standard and the other for High definition) at each stadium for broadcast.
Oh I understand, I dont get high definition. I come to the games live, you can't get more high defintion than that.

At first I thought you were refering to heavy duty trucks. I wondered why tsn would have 4 of those.

I know last year they rented a HD Truck last year

What about the Saturday July 12th game - Starts at 4PM!! That could be unbearable.

There are a few people commenting on the Thursday night games - there are only TWO regular season games on the schedule.

For all those who dont like the Thursday game just be happy youre not Edm. Their first 5 home games are all Thursdays.

I'm glad were not Edm. because we would have just let go one of the premier DB's in the CFL... Good time to be the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

I like Thursday games.