Do the Riders and Lions get a bigger fan base?

Do the the Riders and Lions get the bigger fan base because they are the BC Lions and the Saskatchewan Roughriders. (Provincial names) Does this make them appeal more to the CFL fans outside the city they're in or does it really change nothing. In Winnipeg you'll get lots of people who won't cheer for the Bombers in Brandon or Portage-la-Prarie.

My guess would be that it makes some difference, but I'm not sure how much. I grew up in Regina, so they were very much my team. Someone who grew up in a very different area of Saskatchewan might be a better person to answer this.

I always wondered why BC and Sask are named after the province. How come it’s not the Manitoba Bombers and the Quebec Alouettes?

So , just who do people in Brandon cheer for ?

Me being a lion fan and don't live in Vancouver , I would have to say I wouldn't want them being called the Vancouver Lions . But that could be because of being used to the BC name since the Canucks draw a fan base from all over the province .

When you go in Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières, Gaspésie, Saguenay, Cote-Nord, you can meet people who are fans of the Alouettes. So I don’t think it really changes something to have the Province’s name if there’s only one team in your Province anyways.

.......the riders did begin life as the Regina Roughriders, then switched to the provincial name when it became clear that a vast number of out-of-city fans were in the stands.....

Some fans in Saskatchewan drive 4-5 hours from all corners of the province every home game. There are a large number of people that purchase season tickets that are a long way from Regina.