Do players even know if they are on a CFL team's negotiation list? Or if they were even drafted by a CFL team?

I feel like the better known prospects, might not even know

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the teams themselves don’t even know who’s on their pro prospect lists that’s how dumb this program is…

1 Like

I am sure an email is sent to a player's agent . . . . .at least I think I am sure. They would wouldn't they?

1 Like

By having a player on the Neg list makes it easier for teams to track players they have keen interest in.

for instance Calgary's back up QB Jake Maier was on their Neg List . It gives the Stamps the first crack at signing him . Which they did. There are players all over the CFL who were neg listers. Guarantee teams know who is on their lists.

1 Like

I doubt that players know. if a player wants to enter the cfl he will find out then he's on someone's neg list and that team "owns' his rights. If the team doesn't offer him a contract within 10 days they have to drop him from their list. The contract is at minimum.
Seems like this is a one sided rule for CFL. All first year CFL players can not get more than minimum.

1 Like

I’m guessing the vast majority don’t

1 Like