Do 5000 People Show Up In Toronto Tommorrow?

Announced attendance 18,106. Season high. I'm sure many of those tickets we're reduced but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Looked like a lot more then that… The entire two bottom bowls looked 90percent full between the goallines and 50 percent in the endzones

I was pretty close with my 18,500 announced crowd guess. Although my guess of only 13,000 actually there was off as it actually did look closer to 18,000 actually there from what I could see on TV.

In one sense it is good they got 18k.

But in another sense, it's a negative because they got 18k which includes selling tickets for just $10 and I believe PanAm games volunteers got free tickets.

I just got back from the game and there was a huge line up outside the gate for "ticket vouchers," which I assume means giveaway. Still, it was an awesome atmosphere and I thought there were more than 20000 there, it looked pretty full.

Just got back, it did look like there were 18k actually in the seats.
Great game for my Argos, they are moving up the Least Division.

Seems that Steve Simmons on Twitter clearly disagrees.

Not sure why he’s finding a beef here - sure looked to be about 18K on TV. Sounded like more.

The 10,000 Pan Am volunteers were offered 75% off tickets, so not sure how many took advantage of that offer. I’m sure the Argos did that because it was a Tuesday night game. It always looks like more people in the stands in a large stadium when they spread out.
They will get a better indication of interest when they play the Sunday game and without the ticket offer.

[b]Steve Simmons wrote: Two of Toronto’s four daily newspapers did not staff Tuesday night’s game.[/b]
not surprising. The Argos are the Rodney Dangerfield of the GTA.

They were loud.

Being at the game, when they said 18,106, I was thinking, that's probably pretty close. The lower bowl seats 31,074, and based on what I could see, I think the announced attendance was close. Obviously, tickets sold (whether people actually show up), is always included in the number.

Another Skydome update, to give props where props is due, Rogers has converted the area below the Jumbotron (north endzone) into a lounge type of area. I knew they had done something but had never wandered over in that direction. My friend wanted a Shocktop beer, and was told by the beverage people that they had them over there.

Great view of the field (high enough for endzone), tables/bar shelves to lean against or place your beer on, and a smorg of different beers to choose from (15 at least). Had my first 50 ever, at a CFL game. Anyone with 200 level (season) tickets should wander over. You won't be disappointed. Great job. :thup:

The stadium looked pretty packed on TV, it looked more like 20,000+. I know the Argos have been honest in their attendance counts, contrary from what you might hear from the Rogers Sportsnet gang. It was actually Rogers who admitted they had been grossly exaggerating the BJ's attendance for many years, claiming over 20,000 at Skydome when it was obvious to everyone there were less than 10,000 fans in attendance at the Jay's games.

the stadium looked packed on TV? I didn’t think so. What does the Blue Jay comment have to do with last night? why try to change the subject and bring up what the Blue Jays did years ago? we are talking about the problems with the Argos ignore the problems and they are not going to go away.
I couldn’t care less what the Blue Jays or TFC gets in attendance, this is a CFL site and we should be concerned about it.
The Argos reported 9,000 season tickets? I don’t think so. Someone said more like 3500 and if you put up the seating chart for their next couple of games you will see there is nowhere near 9,000 seats that have been sold.

Let’s hope I am wrong and Sundays game played on an ideal day with no ticket specials is above 18k, especially after the Argo coming off a big win.

Watching the game, I thought they had close to 20k. The people that came seem to have a good time, as there seemed to be an atmosphere in there, even caused the bombers issues a couple of times.

As hard as this is to say for a Ti-Cats fan - I'm glad the Argos won last night in front of a better than expected crowd. Perhaps that will help them sell more tickets at full prices for the Lions game this Sunday. It does look like a few hundred tickets were sold since yesterday for this game. Again it does look like the last 4 rows of the 200 level are not for sale which takes about 1500 tickets off the market.

Here is what the seat chart looks like now. Lots of good seats - especially on the west side if interested.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10599533_10202978403954336_8815046715848105218_n.jpg?oh=d3c5b8ea8fc523a50dab9b40ab8f03d8&oe=547FBF0C&__gda__=1415329897_fae73b92a033547231ab0a5ca71675ec

For a tuesday crowd I was very impressed 18,000 plus when most wondered if there would even be 10,000 at the game is pretty good. The crowd seemed happy loud happy excited, and lots of young people was happy with the game and attendance.

It was Rogers employees who have been propagating these false stories about Argos attendance. First it was McClown who claimed an anonymous Rogers employee emailed him the gate count for the previous Argo game, claiming 8,500 went through the turnstiles. Then a couple days later Sportsnets Rash Madani tweeted there were only 6,000 in attendance. Obviously somebody at Rogers was lying with all these conflicting Argo claims.

I’m sure those naysayers (who probably didn’t watch the Argos game last night) didn’t realize it was the loudest crowd they’ve heard in a long time at Skydome (according to news reports). The fans that were there (over 18,000) had a great time and really got into the game…causing several time-count and false-start penalties by the Bombers.

I know the Rogers apologists will be quick to dispute this, claiming there were only 500 fans at the game because they “heard it on the fan” or will dig up some obscure “facts” to prove just how unpopular the Argos. For what reason?

To all those who try to discredit the Argos and CFL on this forum, please take a hike. I’m sure you’re lying prattle will play better on some NFL or soccer forums, where you can really stick in the CFL daggers with glee.

I think the one thing that people are missing about the Argos attendance numbers - specifically the claims that many tickets are discounted or free, is that the team IS trying to get bums in the seats.

Many comments on this forum indicate that the Argos have to get people used to the idea of actually attending the games, not just watching on TV. Well, if it takes some discounted tickets (like the ones offered to Pan Am games volunteers last night), or maybe free ones to schools, these should be seen as an investment in future ticket sales.

Who knows how many people who would not otherwise have attended Argos games, get a free or discounted ticket as part of a group, go to the games, and discover that they enjoyed the experience and will attend more games in the future?

Build the fan base back up... :thup:

Imagine how much better it would have been playing in a real football stadium, 24K seats, where ticket availability is limited. The argos would be able to create a real buzz like the TFC have done (especially if MLSE were to own the team and all the negative media spin on the argos were to suddenly “disappear”).

Godfather

I completely agree with True Double Blue. Until they have somewhere else to play and are under different ownership they need to do whatever needs to be done to get bums in seats and hopefully make it popular for people to go to Argos games in that competitive marketplace.

And Xvys - get over your paranoia. There are not a bunch of posters here lying about the Argos on this board - or out to hurt them or the CFL. It is a bunch of people calling it as they see it - quite accurately in most cases. Many of them are even Argos fans who are expressing their views of what needs to be done to improve what is currently not a healthy situation. Rose coloured glasses might look pretty but they don't often solve any problems.

And yes that was a much louder crowd for the Argos last night compared to their first two home games - but please quit with the hyberbole. It was not the loudest crowd 'in a long time' at Rogers Centre. Three Argos home games ago there - at last year's EDF it was a louder crowd and just 3 days ago I'm pretty sure 45,000 people all on their feet roaring on both Saturday and Sunday often for minutes at a time in the late innings especially the ninth when the Jays tied the games both days against the Tigers almost certainly were making more noise.

Having said that it was great to hear an enthusiastic crowd last night. Too often that kind of atmosphere has been sadly lacking for way to many games over the last few years there for Argos game. Hopefully that good atmosphere brings some of those fans back.