DL Steven Richardson to miss significant time in 2022

VANCOUVER — BC Lions defensive lineman Steven Richardson will be out for a significant amount of time, according to Lions co-GM/head coach Rick Campbell.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/04/20/dl-steven-richardson-to-miss-significant-time-in-2022/

Bad luck BC. What a terrible time to be without your Stove. You've got the main ingredients ready to go on defense to maybe buy your offense some time to get things cooking... then zap! Your best appliance goes on the fritz. Darn.

Get better soon Steve! They need you in the kitchen ASAP!

3 Likes

Couldn't even wait for training camp. This has all the makings of a long year(think happy thoughts, Porky, think happy thoughts.:frowning:

3 Likes

I echo your sentiments and wish the toaster oven a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Are you aware of what happened? Initial reports were vague. It apparently happened while working out. Maybe a torn muscle? Pec?

1 Like

At least they won't have to count Richardson's salary against the cap while he's healing up. Rest assured they'll probably bring in another big talented lineman before long. Just a thought... wouldn't it be great if your GM used that money to bring in a big talented offensive lineman to FINALLY shore up the most glaring weakness Lions' QB's have had to deal with for the last decade or so?

That's tough. Hate to hear that about any player, but he's a real asset the team will miss.

1 Like

I've been banging that drum for a long time now, nobody listens to poor old Porky.(usually with good reason, but once in a while I'm right)

1 Like

Only know what they tell me here & that's already too much, but the word 'significant' isn't one I like to hear :man_facepalming:.

2 Likes

It might become apparent later on when he shows up in street clothes on the sidelines during games. A leg cast or arm sling would speak volumes.

2 Likes

Uh oh. Now they're calling Richardson's injury 'devastating'. That's the LAST word you want to hear from a doctor when he's diagnosing your ailment (the next to last word would be 'hilarious').

2 Likes

Achilles tendon?? If so , see you next year. Might as well get the rumour mill going

1 Like

An achilles rupture is devastating all right. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it's a lower body injury of some sort.

1 Like

Most of those would be weeks.

Torn cartridge, or ligaments of some sort for him to miss most of the season.
Something like a partial ACL tear would fit the bill.