Discipline..

Where is the discipline on this team?

i saw it in preseason and now im seeing it in the first game of the season, why are our coaches allowing these stupid penalties to be taken?

it seems like my high school coaches are more strict with discipline for taking stupid penalties then the coaches on hamilton, it just really annoys me to see tonight, where the argos were about to punt,and we would have had good field position, and one of our players goes and does something stupid and that gives joseph and the argos a brand new set of downs to work with! the other one, i believe it was D. Adams, gave a guy a shot after the play, just stupid things, they cost us huge.

Why is this not being taken care of by coaches?

8) The total lack of dicipline on the Tiger Cat football team is nothing new at all. It has been going on for years now, and the likes of Ron Lancaster, Greg Marshall, Lancaster again (in his second stint as HC) , Charlie and now Marcel seem powerless to stop it !!
  All those former coaches could not correct the problem despite what they threatened to do to the offending players !!

You either learn to live with it, or you simply release the continual offending players that don't listen to your warnings regarding taking those same selfish, stupid penalties  !!!

[quote=“Tipper”]8) The total lack of dicipline on the Tiger Cat football team is nothing new at all. It has been going on for years now, and the likes of Ron Lancaster, Greg Marshall, Lancaster again (in his second stint as HC) , Charlie and now Marcel seem powerless to stop it !!

All those former coaches could not correct the problem despite what they threatened to do to the offending players !!

So sad but true. really the revolving door of coaches really makes me want start looking at the  GM.

This starts day 1! of training camp.

We saw penalties in the B&G game for Pete's sake. What makes you really think that this will change in the weeks to come?

The problem is that no one gets made an example of. Otis Floyd has now been flagged a couple times for late hits. Questionable as they might seem, MB has got to pull this guy off the field immediately and let him sit.

This is how you solve the problem. Stupid penalties = the bench, no matter how good you are. Guys will learn. Giving them a fine is going to do nothing. $500 or $1000 isn't enough of a deterent not to do it again. Take away their playing time.

This is the way to turn around the dumb penalties because obviously something again was missed in training camp.

We’re shooting ourselves in the foot again. No questions there. Seems like stopping the penalties is hopeless. Fines don’t do anything, Taffe tried making the team work harder in practice for every penalty (he said we’d either eliminate stupid penalties or have the most fit team in the league, neither of which even came close to coming true), sitting the players won’t work because knowing what we’ve been like for the passed few years it will get to the point where we’ll have so many guys sitting, we won’t be able to field a team, as if we release them another team picks them up and POOF! the guy becomes a superstar.

Beautiful post and great suggestion. I just hope Bellfeathers takes the advice.