disappointment

im sure most of you will read thinking that im talking about how disappointed i am in this team after the game. i will admit i am. but what i am really disappointeed in is that fact that every single fan i listened to on the 5th quarter and read on this website has already written this team off.

i have to say that is a real shame. first off its week 1 one team has to win one has to lose. i admit i wasnt impressed with what i saw tonite on the field, but a real fan, a true fan would not give up so easly on their team. second, what really disappoints me is hear or reading how people think they know what is best for the team and how it should be run. we as fans think we know but the reality is we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes in the locker room or in the coaches office. this isnt a quick fix and firing the coach or trading away players isnt going to solve anything. it'll just be staring over again and you people will say the same thing later on. third the penalty calls tonight were in my opinion a load of crap. i will give the refs, the odd offside but there were two teams on the field and hamilton wasnt the only one holding. so before anyone goes about how this is ssd, actually pay attention to the whole game and see if you can see the penalty that the ref calls. also i think the refs really dropped the ball on the challenge in the first half.

the last thing im gonna say cause i know this is long
hamilton you have know idea how lucky we are to even have a professional sports team in this city. if this team goes i dont think it will ever come back.

It's only week 1! Don't give up yet...

Well said coolcat. Couldn’t agree more.

It seems to be easier to write them off then support them.

A true fan will always stick with a team that has the desire to win.

Its not so much the losing that bothers me. As someone said on another thread...one teams has to win...one team has to lose.

What bothers me is the complete lack of being competitive for the last few years. I'd gladly accept the records of the last few years if we were competitive...

Hey it is one game and I did see positives....I'm sure things will turn around.
On the other hand just because people vent doesn't mean they won't be back in the same seats for the next game cheering on the Cats just like the fans who are saying not to be upset.

will admit i am. but what i am really disappointeed in is that fact that every single fan i listened to on the 5th quarter and read on this website has already written this team off.

I didnt and I was on the 5th Quarter . I was questioning the NON HOLDING CALLS that were not made on Montreal even with a late 30s QB that had to roll out to get away from the pressure . Yet when the best scrambling Qb in the CFL does it we get called with a hold . I find this very hard to believe !!!

Good point. I agree with you on the competitive comment. But, there has been too much shuffling at the QB position in the past. I think that now we have some stability at the position, things will change. It might not happen for a couple of games since the QB need continuity with his receivers, but it will happen sooner than later. Remember that in the CFL, you're always in the playoff mix till the end.

Habman wrote,

will admit i am. but what i am really disappointeed in is that fact that every single fan i listened to on the 5th quarter and read on this website has already written this team off.

Ive posted tonight several times, along with a lot of members. I havent written the team off. Just disappointed. A lot of the fans are just venting. After years of having a horrible team. We just want to be competitive. I think we have the talent, just have to play as a team

I have to agree with Mycko75.
It's not so much that the team loses, it's the way they lose.
I can't believe that they can be so undisciplined. Penalties kill drives, stupid penalties are just that, stupid.
I'll support them no matter what, but I wish they'd get their acts together.
Donna :expressionless:

The 1-17 team is a case in point. They were competitive in most games, even when the team was in complete financial freefall. To be out of most games by halftime (particularly at home) is ridiculous if that's what becomes one's m.o. in multiple seasons.

Oski Wee Wee,