Dirty hit or not you be the judge! (merged)

I don’t think the Riders knew Smith was spreading HIV. They did know that he had it though and consulted with legal experts, medical experts, and the league on what to do and came up with the solution they went with. But if you think you know the law or medicine better than those experts I would love to know how you would have circumented the law to release him because he had HIV.

As far as Keith goes they sat him for one game (should have been more imo), but at least they did something and they’ll let the court system take it’s process with him.

LOL aren’t you a bitter little man. You should think about toning down your hatred and aggression, and educating yourself to help out with the ignorance.

And I used to think eskimo fans had class. Wow have you ever proved me wrong!

I’m not sure what part of this is confusing you, but the riders would NOT have had to “circumvent” any part of the law to cut Smith. FOOTBALL CONTRACTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED!!! It is not illegal to cut a player! Is this really so difficult to understand? The RCMP was investigating Smith for aggravated assault, for having unprotected sex with women, while on road trips, without telling them he was HIV positive. The riders kept it quiet, and kept him a starter. Classy.

As for Kenton Keith, Barett did NOT bench him for one game as punishment. Barret has been very vocal in his support for Keith, and has said on many occasions that Keith missed that one game due to a virus. He was not healthy enough to play. Seems like the more laws a player breaks, the more supportive good old Barett becomes.

No offense, warner, but last I looked, Keith had been charged - not convicted. Don't get me wrong - I don't condone what he's alleged to do, and given his track record, it's suspicious at best, but until there's a conviction, what do you expect?

All I am saying is there is enough evidence now to show that there is a lack of leadership in that organization.

Even their on field product is poor and has been for a very long time.

Everything should be reviewed not just gm and coach but everything.

Heard last night it would be a few more weeks.

The Riders could not have prevented Trevis Smith from playing football. NO team could have, they could have said ‘we are going in a different direction’ and then cut him, but the moment they did that, with no charges against him, they are hit with a lawsuit for discrimination. Any team in the CFL would have been told that, EVEN THE ESKIMOS. As it has been stated in another post ,the chances of getting HIV from playing football are 85 million to one. As for KK, let the courts determine his fate, then the team will deal with it form there. Now to the hit, according the official who was RIGHT BEHIND WYNN did NOT throw a flag, he had the best vantage of anyone on the field , and by keeping the nylon in his pocket, he determined that the hit was legal. It seems to me that if the Argos felt the hit was dirty, they will send the tape in the league office. Until they do, this whole thread is useless, because it seems the Argo organization felt that the hit was not dirty.

The hit was illegal --- helmet to helmet.

He left his feet before delivering hit.

League has made it clear they won't tolerate shots to QB's head.

Doesn't matter if there was intent. Doesn't matter if Schultz isn't a dirty player --- tho way he was dancing around after aafter hit even seeing Wynn laid out on carpet suggests that he wasn't all that unhappy.

He will get one-game suspension and be lighter in wallet. If League doesn't do so, they declare open season on QBs. Of course, had it been an Argo player who did that, Clemons would have suspended him w/o waiting for League. Just as with Ivory case.

You're saying Schultz left his feet before he unleashed devestation all over that bum of a QB ,hahahahahaahah,hahaha,SO WHAT if he left his feet, maybe next time Wynn look both ways before stepping into traffic.....CLEAN HIT,........GO RIDERS GO

Helmet to Helmet deflated is not something to be proud of! I could see if Wynn ran into him but he did not! But hey football is about contact the ref did not flag it so we move on. Theonly thing left is the league to look at it and they can judge the hit! By the way it seems lots of fans believe it was a dirty hit! At first I did not think it was then I reviewed the video over a few times and well it was helmet to helmet! Illegal dirty hit!

I could give a rats arse on what the vast majority of these "fans" say.....PFFFT .It was a clean hit, Predator over Prey buddy, the faint of heart always stick up for the poor victim, boohoo, too many passivists watching football these days,they want to take the CONTACT OUT OF CONTACT SPORTS,go back to watching tennis or curling, leave the real sports to those who appreciate them.....................GO RIDERS GO

There are also a few fans who believe it was a clean hit... if the official who was behind Wynn on the play thought it was worth a penalty he would have thrown the flag... but he did not and the Argos did not protest the non-call, that should be the end of it right there.

PS-05, I dont see Schultz leaving his feet at all when he made the hit-- his left foot is firmly on the ground when he makes contact-- its hard to see but its there.

Does that mean you will not watch Opra any more! :lol: Well thats see what happens to Joseph if that occurs to him and we will see how you feel on this issue!

Thats funny Sambo but I do not believe I stated he left his feet but just maybe go back and look at the video once more. I am sure the league will react on this issue!

It is obvious that this is forum is Anti-Rider,the lynch mob mentallity demonstratred here most likely stems from lack of education or simple jealousy for The Green Gods of the CFL, we can show you the light............GO RIDERS GO

After viewing it once more it appears both feet leave the ground unless he can dislocate his ankle! Seriously look at it again the helmet hits Wynns helmet causing it to launch down field. If it fell off it would not have traveled that far! Well I can see rider fans can not be honest with this issue I expected that!

All i got to say is wow, for those of you that think its a dirty hit think of it this way a 300 pound man at top speed, Wynn turns to avoid Perry in the process lowering his body which includes his head not much time for Shultz to react and slam on the breaks adjust, and i agree sambo the ref 4 feet away had a pretty good view on the situation, but this good quality video from the opposite angle of where this "helmet to helmet contact" actually occured has to be better then the refs view right? give me a break hahaha

I agree with the above statement. Shultz looks like he was aiming for his chest but Wynn lowered his body and head, either bracing for the hit or trying to avoid Perry. Shultz' right foot is on the ground when he hits Wynn. The top of Shultz helmet looks like it glances off Wynn's upper arm and comes underneath Wynn's chin dislodging his helmet and breaking his jaw (unfortunately).

That's just what I saw when I looked at the video.

But I think it's something the CFL might (and should) take a closer look at.

How many times have we seen helmets come off on a big hit??? Lots but if you every look they either have one or maybe even two straps undone. The hit on Spurgon Wynn was HUGE and if his helmet had not come off he may have come back to play the second half. Big hits and big plays are football,its what makes the game. Oh and to the Toronto Offensive Linemen even though theres only 6 seconds left you still have to make your blocks.

I think they need to have a look at the chin straps. I lost count of how many players lost their helmets during play last night. Is there a problem here? And I personally think the injury occurred when Scott's foot and leg came down on Wynn's unprotected head.