Dinwiddie starts....

...Dinwiddie gets his shot on Thurs. against the stamps.....has been listed as the official starter for the foreseeable future...according to Berry...I hope the kid does well...can't be any worse than Glenns effort so far...He's going to be going against a very good team to start things off...but heh...he handled the pressure well in his first real test in the Cup last year...I think that would have been a little more pressure packed....GO Ryan... and give this team some kind of spark... :rockin:

There is little doubt that berry can instill confidence in Dinwiddie's chances. Dinwiddie is going in with an offense that can't generate as many td's as its defense for crying out loud.

Interesting!

Now what happens if he happens to tank? Does Glenn come in or will Berry turn to Randall?

I want to see Randall play, but that's just selfish of me to say so.

...Dinwiddie looks sharp in practice....if he can carry that over to the game...he should do alright...I know one thing...he's a much more mobile qb. than Glenn...that gives the offence another dimension we don't presently have... :wink:

And it's something you will need against Calgary's pressure defence, you know they'll be coming after him bigtime.

What's Randall's mobility like, anyone know? Can the guy run?

If he can, and given your banged up O-line, methinks we just might have seen the last of Kevin Glenn in Winnipeg.

Can't imagine anyone picking him up either, no one seems to be in the market for a QB these days.......

Is Charles Roberts playing Hurt? My feeling is Winnipeg hasn't used him enough.

no sporty hes not injured, if he was Berry would have no hesitation to put in Fred Reid. Its our beaten up o-line, injuries to obby kham, dominic Picard, and Matt Sheridan

I heard about Khan, in fact one of the papers did a writeup about it. Is Khan due back soon? (I didn't see him play in BC, but truthfully, I don't notice linemen much un less they stick out and do something out in the open.)

Is Sheridan due back soon as well?

no i think Berry is fed up with all of the injuries and his high salary so he was put on the 9 game reserve list i think

Dinwiddie has a tall order ahead of him, going against what is the best D in the CFL in my opinion. Let's see what he can do.

???what. Let's see what Dinwiddie can do?? This offense hasn't avg'd more than 1 td for every six quarters played. . . how much worse can dinwiddie do on offense? It's not even funny.

ALOT OF PEOPLE WANT TO SEE RANDALL PLAY? WOW .. CONSIDERING RYAN DINWIDDIE HAS BEEN HERE FOR 3 YEARS AND KNOWS THE TEAM AND STUDIES THE PLAYBOOK LIKE A MAD UNIVERSITY STUDENT, PLUS HE DOES BRING A SPARK AND A GREAT ATTITUDE, PLUS HE MOVES THE OFFENSE AND KEEPS OUR FRAGILE DEFENSE OFF THE FIELD, DINWIDDIE HAS BEEN PATIENT WHILE BEING A GREAT TEAMATE, GIVE THE KID HIS DUE, HE EARNED IT, DO US PROUD RYAN, AND GET RID OF GLENN AND HIS $250,000/YEAR SALARY, USE IT TO BRING IN QUALITY PLAYER'S TO REPLACE SIMPSON (GONE FOR THE YEAR AND POSSIBLY FOREVER), REPLACE NUGENT (HE JUST SUCKS PLAIN AND SIMPLE) AND STANFORD IS NOT THE PLAYER HE WAS (HATE TO BURST THE BUBBLE) BUT HE WILL SHOW US ALL THAT HIS INJURIES ARE CONTRIBUTING TO HIS POOR PLAY IN EDMONTON AND NOW HERE, COMMON BOMBER TEAM PICKING UP ANOTHER INJURY PRONE PLAYER .. STILL GONNA BE A LONG SEASON :frowning:

...don't agree with the Samuels comment...he never liked Edm. from the get-go....but we'll have the best bench-mark to judge him by on Thurs. against the stamps...i think he's far from being washed-up... As for Dinwiddie can run....and pass...has a little tendency of Glenns to throw into very tight coverage resulting in pics.... but he'll work it out...Randall hasn't had enough playing time to judge the guy on really???He did look very good in pre-season....Runs very well..efficient passer...and SMART. The play he made in pre-season to follow up a receiver, who coughed up the ball and recover it himself....shows great field presence...This guy could be the sleeper nobody, from opposing teams, wants to ever see quarterbacking the BigBlue... :wink: :wink:

Blue i agree the dinwiddie has earned the starting job right now. he has been commited for 3 years as the back up did a good job in the GC no matter what any one else will tell me me about it. and has shown the ability to move the offence more so then glenn so far this year.

the only reason people wanna see Randall play is the fact that taman has had a hard on for getting this guy for a number of seasons and has super high expectations on him. He has made that known and the fans know it to, they wanna see if he can stand up to the pressure.

But i like dinwiddie he has done good in the pocket and has shown me this year a willingness to run. i think he will do a fine job thursday. and in all rights. can't do any worse then glenn

GOD. 0-4 man. 0-4!!!111LO1 This isn't ridicue it's madness that people don't see what the hell is going on but put the dagger in it.

In order, with respect to those bolded statements, I disagree and agree.

First off, Dinwiddie threw 3 interceptions in the Grey Cup (should have been 4 but Johnson dropped one) that effectively cost you the Cup. Joseph played poorly on the day so the Cup was yours for the taking but for those nasty interceptions. I cannot rank that as a “good” performance. Sure, I know he was starting his first ever CFL game under tremendous pressure so it was all a little unfair, but by no stretch of the imagination can I call his performance “good” in that game.

Now, hopefully, he has improved, and for your sakes I hope he’s another Darian Durant.

For your last bolded statement, I couldn’t agree with you more. I was almost tempted to say that even Tee Martin couldn’t play worse, but that would be going too far I think.

...My take on Glenn, MadJack ,is that his problems started in a Ham. game last year when he tweaked his other knee...He seemed tentative after that and almost didn;t run (sitting duck) Opposing teams realized his predicament and took advantage...Breaking his arm in the play-offs did not help matters...Now we go into the off-season...I don't think Glenn was very happy with the contract negotiations with the Bombers..no matter what he says...Taman was only willing to give 'X' amount of dollars to a fragile an oft injured qb....i believe Glenn thought he was worth more,,,so he came into camp with a pout on...and it sure showed in his performance..Not professional in my opinion...That's my take on it... It's too bad for Glenn ,as it just might have cost him his starter position with the club and has for the foreseeable future... :roll:

In Bryan Randall, we could very well have another Darian Durant sitting on the bench...time will have to prove that out... :wink: :thup:

well to start by watching ryan since begining of tc he has looked much better. but i think you throw to much blame on him. other then the 1 pick johnson made. all the others were welled earned by him. where he broke coverage of another man or read the route properly and made a great move at the ball. only 2 mistakes ryan made were not leading his recievers enough take the last pick as an example where he made a good call in throwing it. and the other mistake was focusing on stegall, stegall appeared to be his safety valve throwing to many his way. even with the 3 picks and forced fumble he brought us within 4 points of winning the game and really he had more comleted passes on less passes the the so called MOP

Dinwiddie has a lot to prove:

1.0 The coaches know Dinwiddie is trigger happy, they'll hold him to strict play-calling as they did in the GC.

1.1. Dinwiddie has a lot of trouble running into what he reads opposed to what his DECISIONS are. He might make the right read, but he's to greedy when it comes to what he WANTS to to with the ball.

1.3. Thus dinwiddie's int. ratio increases.

This reminds me of former qb coach mike working's son, posted a story on ourbombers after dinwiddie's performance in BC last season. He witnessed a comment made toward dinwiddie, when questioned about a long passing attempt. The coach said: 'you'd never make that throw.' It's indicative of dinwiddie's over compensating tendencies, that simply won't just go away unless you are of the 'hear no evil see no evil' type.