Did you like the marching band when it played in the stands?

I was sitting in the south side, and when I heard the marching band playing in their seats in the north side, it actually sounded quite excellent.

The music was echoing just a bit and for some reason, marching band music sounds great with football.

Of course, some fans in the north side may have found it loud, but it sounded great on the south side.

What are your thoughts?

I think they are a great addition to the game experience. They can make the atmosphere feel similar to NCAA games.

I groan everytime I see that teen tour is at a game. I don't enjoy their performances, I don't enjoy having them sitting on the north side playing so I can't hear the loud speaker system. Sorry, just not something I personally enjoy at all.

A great addition to game expierence...I'd like to see it continue.

Where do you sit Caiteag?

I think they added to the atmosphere of the game. i have been to college games down in the states, and it makes u feel like u are at a football game. I can remember my 1st time at the old" civic stadium" to watch the Cats, and remember the ticat band playing music every time we scored or the other team scored, and I thought it was great. Maybe thats an idea...bring back a full time band...what u think??

i was some of them come to where i was working!
NW BBQ station....anyone beeen there?

Football and marching bands have been together for many years. Great to hear. :smiley:

The Burlington Teen Tour Band is good enough to be invited to the Rose Bowl, but there are actually (musical experts) in the stands at IWS) who don't like them. Unbelievable!

I love band music at a football game. As several of you have already suggested, it renders a great football atmosphere and luckily for us, we have our own Teen Tour Band.

What I don't like at a football game is our frantic announcer.

I prefer the Preston Scout House Band that was here last year for a few games over the BTTB. Better musicians.

I've always loved it when the bands sit in the stands and get the crowd going with their classic football tunes.....we used to get huge high school bands from the States here and they were awesome when in the stands......

......their stuff sounds sooooooooo football!

(anything to drown out the stadium announcer is good with me) :roll:

Caiteag, if you think the band is loud in your section,
don't watch the Super Bowl upstairs at Philthy's Burlington.
They play up there every year, and yeah if you are sitting up there it is a little loud!

Loved it!!! BTTB Rules!

I don't like Marching Bands at all..

I groan everytime I see that teen tour is at a game. I don't enjoy their performances, I don't enjoy having them sitting on the north side playing so I can't hear the loud speaker system. Sorry, just not something I personally enjoy at all.
We haven't often disagreed but my son (he's 21) and I love it. We're in Section 30 (aren't you?) and it's just at the right volume for us. Of course, we're curmudgeonly about the loudspeakers! :)

Put me down in favour of the band.

One can never have too much band music at a football game I’ve always said!!

An Argo-Cat fan

The Band is a nice addition to the experience.
I would rather listen to them, then the loudmouths who curse and talk non stop behind me about everything non football, or the guys in front of me heckling the visitor bench.

The Esks (or some other sponsor) have had a small band (mix of marching band instruments with sit-down drums and even a guitar) playing outside Commonwealth before every home game this season. They play decently, nice little addition.

I don't know about in the stadium during the game though. But good on Hamilton if the band works out and provides a fine addition to games there.

Marching bands and football go together.

I am not big on watching them marching
and playing a whole lot of numbers
on the field during the half time show

but I like hearing them when I am in line
buying food or waiting to use the urinals.:oops:

I love hearing the BTTB march around
the neighbourhood outside the stadium

building up a football atmosphere
for the fans walking to the game.

[Do they still do that?]

I would love to hear a small group
of band members from the BTTB