Did the Commish say 12 teams?

How many American players come out of university every year? How many Canadians?
Just the numbers alone mean the Canadians will be swamped out. If we didn’t have the ratio, I’d wager there wouldn’t be 15 Canadians in the whole league. None of them starters. It would kill university football in Canada as none of the kids would see a future in it.

6 Likes

The commissioner needs to realize this possibility with the dangerous game he’s playing with the ratio in which he benefited from as a player.

It’s more ownership driven (getting rid of the ratio) than the commissioner himself as he’s just a mouthpiece for them but he ain’t no Gary Bettman.

4 Likes

Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

2 Likes

At least Bettman has grown the NHL.

Ambrosie can lead the CFL down the prem rose path (hope I worded it right).

If this weird thing ever came to fruition, would probably make more sense to put Regina in the Central over Saskatoon. Regina is a decent bit closer to Winnipeg.

1 Like

It’s only a matter of time before The Faculties of Law and Engineering are eliminated altogether. Kids are just not interested in that stuff.

So much for having control of your faculties :rofl::rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I was typing literally the exact same words!
You beat me to the draw, pardner!

3 Likes

Sorry about that.

All good fun :grin:

2 Likes

We’re OUTTA control!!!

OuttaControl

2 Likes

Oochi maama!!!

1 Like

That’s top drawer thinking Dust. I like the cut of your jib. You’ll go far in this organization. A 12 Team League it is!

All we need now is a clever slogan… I’m putting you in charge of the account. Don’t let us down. Our future depends on it. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

I have no idea where and when lol. The CFL usually zigs when you expect them to zag.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t go to 12 teams unless the league was stable. Just speculating on what Ambrosie might do if he’s at the helm. How many Ambrosie decisions have you agreed with in the past? Most likely they will be the same percentage in the future.

2 Likes

The US could have 72 teams EASY (more actually), if they wanted to, but they don’t.

The CFL is bending over backwards in desperately trying to get a 10th team
With little or no success.

That’s a big difference

1 Like

The US has 9x our population with only 3.5x as many NFL teams & that population is both more concentrated & more football orientated than us to boot. We think hockey is king, they think football. So it’s small wonder we struggle to find spots for a viable franchise. Sad, but that’s the reality we have to deal with.

1 Like

12 teams is possible only if Halifax is guaranteed a team, Windsor since it's Metro Detroit area and maybe some fans in Detroit might catch a CFL game since Detroit Lions sucked for decades. Maybe a team in Interior BC as BC is the fastest growing population so maybe deserving of a second team. So with this thought, maybe 13 teams is possible if you include Quebec City. They all need a stadium so this will be 10-15 years down the road assuming that the population continue to grow.

1 Like

It would be interesting to know if the league really has any sort of realistic plan to get these expansion teams.

Im not so sure. NFL overhead is pretty high. We have seen a lot of teams moving, most recently out of SanDiego, Oakland, and St.Louis, plus others going back. Moving a team is expensive–in the multi-millions of $$-- so I can’t see owners leaving financially viable situations.

Plus, if the owners thought more teams could be supported, they’d be pocketing the massive franchise expansion fees. There are lots of people who want into the club. I think the NFL is pretty close to saturation now.

2 Likes

I think it’s pie in the sky right now. Ambrosie keeps saying they have to get to 10 before they get to 12 so I’m sure he’s just focused on the Atlantic.

1 Like