Did Tanner Marsh Get Higgins Fired?

Higgins cut him, Popp is starting him. Quite a differing opinion on his abilities. Could this philosophical difference played a big role in Higgins dismissle?

No. Marsh is starting because Cato had to fly home to Florida to deal with a personal matter and because Cato is probably still not 100% after the injury he sustained against Hamilton.

Higgins fired Higgins

Higgins never cut Marsh. Marsh was legitimately injured in training camp and was on the 6-game to start the season.

But that doesn't fit a Bungle-ish trolling for controversy.

Popp got Higgins fired.

Marsh was never cut, he was injured during training camp, a severe knee sprain. According to reports, Marsh was the best QB during TC. Should be noted that Garcia, Higgins and Dinwiddie weren’t high on Marsh, hence why he saw little action last season.

My apologize ... I thought Marsh was brought back Sunseri style

Would love to see/hear how that conversation went....

Sitting bowman got him fired.

So what happens to Cato, Tanner Marsh, Brandon Bridge, Anthony Boone, when Crompton and Dan LeFevour return from the 6 Game injured list?
Does Cato go to number 3 and they trade Marsh, Bridge and Boone? Do they trade Cato? Trade Compton? trade LeFefour?

LeFevour is done for the year. More and more, it's looking like Crompton is also done for the year too.

There is absolutely no way the org puts Cato back at #3 after what he's showed. He is the team's starter now and the coaches will do the QB depth shuffle in the offseason. Most likely, Crompton and Boone will be released, Marsh will become the legit no. 2 and Bridge will either be hidden on the IR or released as well. Leaving us with LeFevour, who may or may not stick around depending on his and the team's plans.

[quote="pikk"]Sitting bowman got him fired.[/quote

Nah, saying he had expired and may not wear the uniform again without talking it through with the GM and the owner got him fired. I remember D&P mentionning that this whole nice guy act was just a front, this proved him correct for everyone to see.
I would be surprised if we saw Higgins again in any serious position in the CFL.

[quote="pikk"]Sitting bowman got him fired.[/quote

Nah, saying he had expired and may not wear the uniform again without talking it through with the GM and the owner got him fired. I remember D&P mentionning that this whole nice guy act was just a front, this proved him correct for everyone to see.
I would be surprised if we saw Higgins again in any serious position in the CFL.

If you're the coach and the GM says the team should be 7-0 (or 5-2 at the worse), how long do you think you will last if your actual record is 2-5?

No kidding! Anyone wondering why Higgins was fired should just listen to Popp's extended presser the day after the firing. Everything was crystal-clear.