Did Montreal have a team in the World League?

If so, where can I find information about it?

There was a team in the WLAF (World League of American Football) called the Montreal Machine, and were in the card set produced by Pro Set!

http://www.answers.com/topic/montreal-machine

Yea now I remember
Thanks

The CIS's all time leading passer (at the time) Chris Flynn was their starting QB

He should have been in the CFL. He was among the long line of Canadian QB's to get passed over by the CFL...Greg Vavra (hardly got a look but at least made the roster), same goes for Larry Jusdanis, Darryl Leason, Giulio Caravatta (had to kick to get on a team) Mathieu Bertrand (had to convert to a fullback), Tony Dennison (it was an absolute crime that he was never given the chance to play in the CFL!), etc etc.

Never mind all the kids who play QB for their 1st 3 years of university ball but had to switch to another position to be able to get drafted to play pro ball (like Jon Ryann etc).

I hope Palmer gets a shot and lights it up so Canadian kids finally get the respect they deserve in the CFL.

re- Yukoner-The CIS's all time leading passer (at the time) Chris Flynn was their starting QB

He should have been in the CFL. He was among the long line of Canadian QB's to get passed over by the CFL...Greg Vavra (hardly got a look but at least made the roster), same goes for Larry Jusdanis, Darryl Leason, Giulio Caravatta (had to kick to get on a team) Mathieu Bertrand (had to convert to a fullback), Tony Dennison (it was an absolute crime that he was never given the chance to play in the CFL!), etc etc.

Never mind all the kids who play QB for their 1st 3 years of university ball but had to switch to another position to be able to get drafted to play pro ball (like Jon Ryann etc).

I hope Palmer gets a shot and lights it up so Canadian kids finally get the respect they deserve in the CFL.
Great post yukoner there are some good Cis qb,s now 1

Yeah, there sure are. The American-centric CFL can't say Canadians playing QB in the CIS don't have the physical tools anymore. These kids are all over 6 feet and 200 now. I guess now they'll say it is the 'training' the American kids get at big US schools that leads to CFL to use Americans exclusively at QB.

I find it pretty interesting that Canada is beating the US regularly at the Global Junior Championship. Despite the population and football popularity in the US at the highschool level in the US...our Junior-aged players, while fewer, are playing at the same or a higher level as kids the same age in the US.

And they even use US rules in that tournament.