Did I hear this right?

On CBC radio they stated that Bellfuille {sp} is to become our new interim head coach. Is this not rewarding failure with promotion? Taaffe had to go, sure, but this as gone from bad to worse. Why not try new blood,it's only for the interim so why not give D. Mac a shot and see what he can do? This half years experience could show if he's got what it takes to be a head coach. We already know that Bellfuille does not.

I think we've already seen how hiring a HC with no CFL or pro coaching experience turns out.

A couple of years ago we had a coach named Greg Marshall and he had lots of college coaching experience but no pro experience. This turned out to be a significant handicap.

At least Mr. Marshall had coaching experience, while D.Mac has, by my calculation, about 0.5 years of coaching experience. Not enough to re-build a team.

I loved D.Mac as a player, but that does not make him a shoe-in to be a great OC or HC.

See: http://www1.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=29114&sid=12835adc29ed5a7051d5c45a92d8a782

red24