Did Friday night's crowd seem a bit more knowledgeable?

... did Friday night's crowd seem a bit more knowledgeable about the 13th man on Friday night than usual, at least when we were on defence?

I brought my mom to the game as a birthday gift. It got so loud for her at certain points that she had to cover her ears (she still had lots of fun, though, and she wasn't complaining about it). I don't remember it ever being that loud.

Nah. I've heard louder.

But that game was great!

I thought it was definitely louder than normal, for a regular season game.

I haven’t been attending for very long, so you’ve probably been to more games than I have :wink: It just seemed like the crowd was more energetic this game than any other game I’ve been to in the last couple of years. I imagine the Labour Day game is pretty loud (I can’t make it to those, due to my work schedule), but even at the EDSF last year, the crowd didn’t seem as excited as it was on Friday.

Lot depends on the fans in your section and area too, but yeah, it was loud, and it was a great game for sure!

I noticed it as well on the TSN broadcast, and it was mentioned a couple of times by the announcers. It definitely seemed louder on D than usual. AC seemed to be having difficulty communicating, and ended up with a few time count penalties as a result, although that could also have been a result of great defensive calls. Probably a bit of both.

My personal loudest Ivor Wynne experiences have included the game we beat Saskatchewan in OT in 2003 for the only win of that year and the 2004 Labour Day OT tie with the Argos. I've been in section 14 though and I do find it a bit noisier than most of the sideline sections save perhaps Box J.

The drumline would make more of an "Impact" if they were put behind the visitors bench in Box H.

Suitor credited one of Montreal's time count violation penalties to the crowd and the noise they were making....

Jim Edmands sent out a email to season ticket holders and made reference to making a lot of noise on Defence and especially behind the Montreal bench.

Here is part of the email:
"To help you and your family and friends kick off the long weekend on the right foot, you can purchase additional tickets to this game in sections 5, 6 and 9 for $20 each. Sections 5 and 6 are behind the Alouettes bench and we're going to need everyone sitting there to make a lot of noise".

I think fans are catching on with the significance of making NOISE on Defence and how much it helps the TEAM !!! :thup:

I sat in Box H and it was crazy LOUD !! It definitely effected the Montreal bench at times they looked confused on the sideline because it was so loud !! GOOD JOB FANS !! :rockin:

the closer the game and also if we are winning the crowd should be louder as we are all into the game more .I think during the past years of losing it took a few years for the fans to remember how to make noise I personally scream my lungs out in section 8 and they also love me when i take in the argos cats game in toronto .

Loud on Defence, quiet on Offence, and the Wave belongs in oceans and soccer stadiums.

or if they’d stop playing PA music overtop of it.
how about every other stoppage the drumline plays un-interupted?

The same problem exists in the Carling Zone. I realize a major renovation is scheduled, but couldn’t they unplug the stadium speakers while the house band plays?

For me, it will always be Ozzy’s field goal in '98…the roar in the stadium was off the charts 8)

I wasn’t there, or even following the team at the time, but I saw a video recently. Gave me goosebumps.

Loudest game at IWS I ever attended was Labour Day 1992. They were actually about 1000 or more over capacity. It was great to see every single seat filled and then another 1000+ stuffed into the back of the end zone.

Very very loud and I remember the wave going around about 20+ times.

Perry Lefko mentioned in his power rankings how loud the Ticats Fans were !! :thup:

Ticats are on a nice roll with three consecutive wins. An emphatic win over Montreal showcased big plays by their playmakers, including two touchdowns by ex-Als receiver Dave Stala, and continued quality passing by Kevin Glenn. Remember when there were some rabid Ticats fans wanting him to be replaced by Quinton Porter? He has seven touchdowns and no picks in last three games. Running back Avon Cobourne backed up his Twitter talk by running and catching the ball. The defence gave up a ton of passing yards, but confused Als quarterback Anthony Calvillo. Crowd of 24,000-plus deserves credit for making noise and throwing off the Als’ attack.

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2011/08/01/rankings_week5/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... ngs_week5/[/url]

I’ll second this. That was a loud crowd and probably the coolest sports moment I ever witnessed in the stands.

A close runner-up, at least for me, was when Glenn threw the two-point convert to McDaniel to tie the East Division Semi-Final in 2009. With it being eight years since the Tabbies hosted a playoff game, I think that was eight years of pent up excitement coming from each and every person in that stadium.

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2011/08/01/rankings_week5/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... ngs_week5/[/url]

In Perry Lefko's Power Rankings in week 5 he mentions how the Hamilton crowd had a factor in the game.

"Ticats are on a nice roll with three consecutive wins. An emphatic win over Montreal showcased big plays by their playmakers, including two touchdowns by ex-Als receiver Dave Stala, and continued quality passing by Kevin Glenn. Remember when there were some rabid Ticats fans wanting him to be replaced by Quinton Porter? He has seven touchdowns and no picks in last three games. Running back Avon Cobourne backed up his Twitter talk by running and catching the ball. The defence gave up a ton of passing yards, but confused Als quarterback Anthony Calvillo. Crowd of 24,000-plus deserves credit for making noise and throwing off the Als’ attack".

It seemed pretty loud when Hamilton was on Defence, and certainly effected the game, lets keep it up against Toronto! :rockin: