Did CFL & TSN botch the Regina Showcase?

Paulo Senra @paulosenra Total numbers are in: #MarksCFLWeek generated 1,489 articles nationwide & more than 351 million global #media impressions. #CFL #CFLCombine 12:30 PM - 27 Mar 2017 · Toronto, Ontario

But that’s not true, the Argos and the CFL did a huge marketing blitz last off season. TV ads with the Argos running through the CNE grounds, billboards all over the GTA, Argo and CFL ads on the subway and TTC. Mega coverage in the media about the move to BMO.
What more could they have done?
Ottawa has done a great job with marketing too in the past couple of years.

But that’s not true, the Argos and the CFL did a huge marketing blitz last off season. TV ads with the Argos running through the CNE grounds, billboards all over the GTA, Argo and CFL ads on the subway and TTC. Mega coverage in the media about the move to BMO. The two games during the CNE with the free admission etc. The Argo kids “huddle up program”

http://www.argonauts.ca/community-2/

What more could they have done???
Ottawa has also done a great job in marketing. The Redblacks/67s/Fury program. The 5 game plus Grey Cup mini-package blitz.

The league and club teams should work closely/intertwine together with marketing to make sure they are in the spotlight year round. Kudos to commissioner Orridge on this showcase. Now take the CFL to the next level with its marketing. Get new fans and younger fans to know about and excited about the CFL. :rockin:

The coverage was fine especially for the enagural year.A good idea by the CFL.So to answer the negative title of this thread ,No the CFL did not botch this.

I REALLY enjoyed what I saw of it on ESPN. I thought they did a great job and the fan turn out was remarkable, but not surprising for Regina.

It's a great idea that should be destined to be a regular event that will grow over the years. I'll bet people will have all sorts of creative ideas for events throughout the week.

Another good accomplishment by the commish. One of many from a guy who stays in the background.
-drug policy

• coach tampering policy
    -enforcement of established team fines
    -oversaw Toronto sale

I thought they did a great job.

Only comment on TSN moving forward as they are a partner with the CFL.

Why not have a sportscentre desk at the event for the week. They don't have to run all their sportscentre staff through it, but they could have a 1 crew out there.

The first Marks CFL Week was a tremendous success by all accounts! Over 7,000 fans attended the events which generated hundreds of media stories. Here are a few of the many media reports about the event:

[b]Inaugural CFL Week proves to be huge hit![/b]

The inaugural Mark’s CFL Week was such an overwhelming success here this past week that the following statement was made.

“I believe there are now two events during the year that CFL fans will travel to take in for a week — the Grey Cup and this,? said TSN vice-president and executive producer Paul Graham.

It was a festival of access involving the fans, the media and the stars of yesterday, today and tomorrow. It was brilliantly designed, developed and executed by the league’s new vice president of content and marketing Christina Litz.

More: http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/03/26/ina … 9ae385e05a

[b] CFL week a success[/b]

CFL Week wasn’t just a success for the league — it was a win for 3DownNation too.

The inaugural event was held in Regina from March 21 to 26 and was a mashup featuring several elements that had previously been run separately: a media “car wash” that made players available to broadcaster TSN as well as print and online outlets, the Canadian Football Hall of Fame induction announcement, and the CFL Combine.

On their own, these events typically created small ripples in the large and quiet sea that is the CFL off-season, which stretches from the end of November until training camps get rolling at the start of June. But by combining them, the CFL appears to have created a tidal wave.

More: http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/721 … ownnation/

[b]Why Hamilton should host the next CFL Week[/b]

With CFL Week 2017 in the books, we can now start looking towards CFL Week 2018. The first question on anyone’s mind is where will it be held. A case has been made for a sequel in Regina, but I think that would be a mistake. This thing needs to travel around — I honestly think doing one out in the Maritimes at some point would a great idea — and I submit that Hamilton should host the next CFL Week extravaganza.

It is clear from social media that the people who were in Regina had a blast this past week; the fans had a great time, players dug it and the media seemed to be almost unanimously positive about the event. Let’s bring all that to Hamilton, show off the city and prove that Hamilton can be a place for marquee CFL events.

More: http://3downnation.com/2017/03/28/hamil … -cfl-week/