Did a power struggle cause this debacle?

playmaker wrote:

bob young shoudl sell the ticats to the group led by golden gate captial and have real corporation owning this team and then they could finally build a new stadium hire a real football operations staff, get a legit scouting department, and get better corporate support.
And you think this will happen with all this talk of Tanenbaum and Rogers going after an NFL team? Don't think so.
I will say Rob Katz looks like a tough guy, not sure I'd want to mess around with him, he just looks plain mean and nasty.
Total Wuss!

I could frag his ass any day and twice on Sundays!

…knock, knock, knock…

Who’s there?

Rob Katz Mikey!!!..open the damn door!..WUSS HUH??

Gulp…ummmm , yeah, ok Rob…errrr, Mr. Katz…one second…(ohhhh crap!) :roll:

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/mouse.gif

:D

i wouldnt be surprised if mlse bought the ticats and moved them into toronto and have them play there. Then Rogers would buy the argos and mvoe them to the soccer stadium at exhibition place. Other leagues have 2 teams in one city, i could see it happening in the CFL.

Interesting idea and could work but would be bad for Hamilton.
Man, one thing I like is lots of talk about football, I think Ted rogers is fed up trying to keep spending with the Yanks and Red Sox to make the Blue Jays look legit.

let's face it, its eaiser to win in football than in baseball(especially if you play in the AL East with bosox and yankees).

rogers will end up buying another teams, and try to win that way.

WORST POST EVER.

“Frag his ass” ? :?

I do thank-you for “quoting” my “worst post ever” so that everyone gets to read it…again… :lol:

(Did I turn you down for a date at some point Zontar?)…this is almost seeming like rage now as I can’t make even one post without you negatively commenting on it… :wink:

but carry on…the answer will still remain "NO !..and no means no in this new world of ours…ya know? :cowboy:

(I crack myself up!) :lol:

Boozing a little early this afternoon, mikey?

What did you mean by “frag” Katz’s “ass” anyway?

Note to self:…switch to “IGNORE MODE”…back to the topic…

why couldnt the team just charge cheaper ticker prices and donate the proceeds to charity.
[b]?[/b]

when is bob young gonna sell the ticats to MLSE so that they can move it to Toronto and play at the new soccer stadium at the ex.

Don’t know about a Power struggle, but here is my theory:

• Bob Young hires Katz, & Sauve, etc. to run the Footbal Operations, 'cause he knows little, if any, about Football. After all, he is a Business man first.
  • He depends on these People to make the RIGHT decisions, & is willing to spend the bucks to do so.
  • Katz & Company decide the #1 problem is QB, so they cut a deal with Edmonton, & get MAAS for $400Gs (that is a lot of bread…).
  • After 12 Games, MAAS turns out to be a flop, though not necessarily only his fault.
  • QUESTION- who do u think is the MOST pi…ed off? B.Y. of course. AND he can’t even blame Katz, 'cause he hired him in the 1st place, knowing he has limmited Footbal experience, let alone CFL experience.

SOO - should B.Y FIRE himself?

This is not a Power struggle - it is an EMBARASSING situation they are desparately trying to wiggle out of.

The Eagle (I want my money back…) :thup: :thup: :thup:

Has anyone else thought this whole disaster could have been avoided if , in 2004, Young etc. had hired an experienced GM, like Desjardins and a head coach, even if they were "recycled" instead of "thinking outside the box" with Marshall and an almost all rookie coaching staff??

In 07 the organization will still be mopping up the mess from decisions made three years prior.

8) An excellent analysis, you've hit it right on the head !!! Couldn't have said it better myself !!!
8) Actually Desjardins name came up as a possible GM when Young bought the team !! He was highly recommended by some knowedgeable football people even back then !! However the decision was made to go with Ron Lancaster because of his wealth of experience and his knowledge of this franchise !!!!!

You are right, in 07 we will still be mopping up this mess, originally created by bad football decisions !!! Too many mistakes were made and we are paying dearly for them now !!!

The day D. Sauve left, we started down the wrong side of the curve. It never has been explained as the why and hows of his departure. In hindsight whatever the circumstances, the wrong guy departed eh.

In any event we are powerless in our struggle to put a winning or a competitive team on the field.

Ahhhhh, I sense a TiCat conspiracy theory to rival that of the grassy knoll and Dallas book depsoitory. Seriously, I don't see any evidence of a power struggle in Hamilton. Just a bunch of players and coaches who didn't play/coach up to their press clippings.

An Argo fan

BINGO!!

we will never know…

just like who was on the grassie noll anyways??