Did a power struggle cause this debacle?

Buckle up, folks. Time to put on the investigative hat and seek the truth behind what's really happened with our beloved Cats.

The ultimate question: Did a power struggle in the Tiger-Cat organisation cause this horrible debacle we now find ourselves in?

I really do wonder what inner turmoil has lead to this...

And, my suspicion is that Rob Katz is largely responsible for this mess.

power struggle between who??

bobbyfinch, I'm sure you're right about a power struggle but I have no information on the specifics. But without a doubt you are absolutely dead on in my uneducated opinion.

Rob Katz?? NADA!

The real virus on the team will be out in the pasture shortly after the season ends.

r.l. sr.

If I were betting, I'd say Rob Katz has definitely been the centre of the power struggle...

Why did Dave Sauve really leave? (Other business interests? I am suspect of that...why would he even bother taking on the job if he was going to leave after a year...it's not like he didn't know he had other businesses to take care of)

Why were assistant coaches brought in "from the top" (The Head Coach should pick his assists).

Consider one assist (Paopao) was brought in as an obvious heir apparent to Greg Marshall

Lancaster removed as GM and replaced with ta-da ROb Katz

Chris Dean gets a "promotion" to one of Bob Young's other co's.

Maybe I'm just trying too hard to connect the dots, don't know. But, something stinks here...and it's not just the game results.

Laughing hard, I don't agree. I've had my "doubts" about Lancaster, as well. But, he's not the one who's brought this mess on. Personally, I think the team is pretty damn lucky he agreed to coach them for the balance of the year.

If I were betting, I'd say Rob Katz has definitely been the centre of the power struggle...

Why did Dave Sauve really leave? (Other business interests? I am suspect of that…why would he even bother taking on the job if he was going to leave after a year…it’s not like he didn’t know he had other businesses to take care of)

Why were assistant coaches brought in “from the top” (The Head Coach should pick his assists).

Consider one assist (Paopao) was brought in as an obvious heir apparent to Greg Marshall

Lancaster removed as GM and replaced with ta-da ROb Katz

Chris Dean gets a “promotion” to one of Bob Young’s other co’s.

Maybe I’m just trying too hard to connect the dots, don’t know. But, something stinks here…and it’s not just the game results.

What dots are you connecting? Where is the power struggle? What does Christopher Deans promotion have to do with anything?

Whoknows, think "outside the box" my friend. Read between the lines of things.

Maybe Chris Dean got promoted so he didn't have to work with somebody in the Cats organisation?

I am not saying this is the case, but it has to be a possibility...

All these scapegoats
was it Deans?
was it Lancaster?
was it Marshall?

The reality is plain and simple that the QB just never lived up to his expectations.

No mikem, it's not the plain and simple. That would mean we could bring in any QB right now and he would turn us around?

Apparently you just heard about the problems with the Florida Panthers and are trying to find something in the Ticat organization that doesn’t exist.

The Ticat troubles are not related to a power struggle. The troubles are/were a poor offense based on poor coaching, a QB that has lost confidence, receivers with no direction. Poor defense that has yet to be addressed let alone corrected. We have an interm coach who’s best coaching days are behind him. And the list goes on.

Sec31, I don't disagree with your points. But, I do think a power struggle is the centre of it all.

Don't follow hockey so don't know (or care) what is going on with the Florida Panthers.

I would be very interested to know the key player acquistions and what the discussions were, by whom, in the TiCat administration. Of course, the key acquisition would be Maas and how that debate was discussed, but some others as well.

But even if there was a real power struggle, which I'm sure there was, this is no different than other organizations, happens all the time. But it would be nice to know the specifics.
I will say Rob Katz looks like a tough guy, not sure I'd want to mess around with him, he just looks plain mean and nasty.

Yes, a Keenan like affair here I think.

well it does seem fishy that suave would tkae the ticats job, get paid but work for free, because he donated his salary to charity, then katz gomes out of nowhere to become, marshall gets hired with no cfl coaching experience, paopao and kauhai get hired , even though they had a bad record in ottawa, kavis reed becomes defensive coordinator with no real coordinator experience, marshall hires mcmaster's ex-head football coach as a stregntgh and conditioning coach, yet he has no experience as a personal trainer or developing athlete's bodies. the gold jersey's and white helmets? why couldnt the team just charge cheaper ticker prices and donate the proceeds to charity.

There seems to be a bigtime power struggle. The teams signs Maas in the off-season and proclaims him as the franchise QB for the next several years, yet lancaster claims he is hurt and wont have a long career, holmes becomes starting RB after paopao is fired, because paopao only wanted to use his guy from ottawa corey holmes, terry vaughn has a consecutive 1000 yard streak, yet nobody wants to give him the ball. The team has not signed lumsden to a long-term contract or trade his cfl rights and get compensation.

There is power struggle and the team is trying to deceive their fans with secrets and not revealing the truth, why do you think they are closing practices, ive seen this happen in the past The Buffalo Bills under Tom Donahoe tried to alienate fans and act on secerecy and it back fired and donahoe was gone last season.

The thing is in sports, issues go public in the media unlike most other businesses. This one is tough to hide.

Who on staff has a solid football background?

Who on staff has the longest list of contacts in and close to the Canadian Football League?

Who on staff was depended heavily upon to resurrect the football team to respectability?

Who on staff has been depended upon to make solid recommendations for player personnel. Eg - J Maas

Who on staff has been the Director of Football Operations for 2 years?

Who’s head would be the one to roll if, upon their recommendation, damaged goods was brought to the team, paid a big contract, and rode the bench all season?

Who’s head would roll if a good cheap presently signed third string QB played well the whole season while a big contract rode the pine?

Who had no choice but to become interim coach after Greg Marshall was prematurely shown the door.

If you know the answer to all these questions, you are now an insider. You know who has created this mess!

End of Story

Maybe Chris Dean got promoted so he didn't have to work with somebody in the Cats organisation?
Didnt want to work with Katz? (or who) He brought Katz to Hamilton and has been working with him for years not only in Hamilton but in the States
The thing is in sports, issues go public in the media unlike most other businesses. This one is tough to hide.
Has anything been made public? This post came out of no-where. There isnt even an article, not even one from Marty York.

I got it! This whole TiCats mess was brought on because George Bush is president!

Give it up and stop reading too much into something that no one really knows about other than the people involved. So what if this person went here or this person was fired or this person was promoted. This happens everyday incompanies and firms all over the world. The Tabbies are going through some tough times, but things will improve

bob young shoudl sell the ticats to the group led by golden gate captial and have real corporation owning this team and then they could finally build a new stadium hire a real football operations staff, get a legit scouting department, and get better corporate support.

me thinks its Ron who has still wayyyyyyy too much power and say on this team..
time for the rocking chair Ron!...