Dickerson and Wayne Released

[quote="ticatsackattack"]How many sacks did Dickerson and Wayne have?

That's your answer as to why they were released.

I strongly object to Dunbrack coming back. Hopefully Creehan has Rahim Abdullah or Ron Warner on his radar instead.[/quote

this is OB's call. Creehan can make suggestions but OBie has these decisions.

during the 1st half a few times kori was yelling at the offence when they were on the field and on the sidelines to get their butts in gear and to get moving. not that the offence didnt need to be yelled at but i wonder if that continued at halftime and after the game and that might have been his demise

With sacks deciding whether your cut or not I guess we can only keep Darrell Adams, Nautyn McKay-Loescher, Zeke Moreno, Ray Mariuz, and Terrence Patrick. :lol: :roll:

I didn’t see this coming with how well our defense played against Edmonton. I would have had a change in O-lineman like Woodard or Thomas.

I think moving Marko Cavka to his natural spot at tackle and have Peter Dyakowski in to the guard spot. IMO it would be an improvement over Woodard or Thomas.

It would also free up another American spot on the starting lineup. Thats just my thoughts.

GBonds88, Good call - Woodard and Thomas were not much better on the O Line. The DE's need to get more consistent pressure. Dickerson was a loud team kind of guy, always stoking the team up. He may have said something about the O Line - why not it was more than obvious from the stands.

8) I really can't see that happening. Bringing Dunbrack back would be a sign of desperation.
Besides it was Obie that released Dunbrack in the off season, so it wouldn't look to good on Obie to bring him back now !!!!      <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
I would have had a change in O-lineman like Woodard or Thomas.
8) Hey, maybe that is the next move tomorrow !! Seriously, I still can't believe that Woodard is still on this team !!
 If Obie could not find a better import tackle than him in the off season, then something else is seriously wrong here also !!!!!             <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Seriously, are these the two guys that needed to be released?

First: I suspect that these guys are being moved to the practise roster.
Second: If KD is being released because he felt he needed to inspire the O-line or offense in general, it is the result of a pathetic coaching staff who sit their with their fingers up their butts in total confusion. It's the coach's jobs to step in and give these guys crap in an attempt to inspire them, but when they fail to do this in a timely fashion, others feel the need to step in and get the job done. If this is the case, and I'm not saying it is, it is disgusting and another reason to kick these coaches up the butt and out.

These two were cut because they weren't getting it done, otherwise they'd still be here. I do agreee that Woodard is getting beat a lot but the coaches get to look at the films and assess him. I'm sure Obie will have his eyes on the nfl cuts in the next few weeks. If you can't play and have a impact at this level then get your bags ready....your plane tickets are on their way. :cowboy:

There where not at Practice today .
There Gone

Obie must be eyeing someone from the first wave of NFL cuts, which is coming soon.

oh heck ... tim cheatwood must realize where he fits in the salary-cap era - this would be a better choice than dunbrack and, unfortunately, better than most of what remains in black and gold!!

Count me as another who was surprised to see the "D" line cuts before any changes on the "O".

Again, it all starts with the "O".

Look at our time of possession...

Look at our QB's continually scrambling...

I have faith in "O'bie"...something is up and he will find us a couple of guys with the talent of the late Travis Claridge, RIP.

As other's have so rightly pointed out there are some NFL cuts coming and after they are in place I hope we have some stability in the roster.

What time is practice today ?

As other's have so rightly pointed out there are some NFL cuts coming and after they are in place I hope we have some stability in the roster.
8) Or has a trade been made already, but not announced yet !!! Possibly a D End or D Lineman arriving today ????
 I can't see them cutting these 2 guys without replacements already here, or on the way !!!!!

Dickerson should have stayed on Offence, he was great with the short pass and screens. Also a great blocker.
Just too bad about this Canadian ratio thing.

I'm very surprised too. Cuts to the D-line before the O-line? And no bonafide replacements lined up to take their places?

I hope Obie has something up his sleeve--like a couple of D-linemen who can play.

An Argo-Cat fan

this just really sucks, i dont normally care when players get axed because at this point i just wanna win and don't really care who plays if we can find a way to win but Kori was the man.Such a cool guy and a talented palyer. Maybe we shouldn't have moved him from offence where he played awesome last year. oh well just another season of losing and constant player movement.

I thought KD played really well as a tight end last season.Moving him to DE may have been a mistake but they must have thought he was a good enough athlete to try it.You would think a versatile guy like that could stay on.

Not sure why this surprises anyone. Our D-Line has been the Achilles heal of our team the entire season.

The O-Line was abysmal last game, but overall hasn’t been that bad this season. Had a rough game in Calgary and last week against Edmonton, but our run-blocking schemes are pretty solid and if we can straighten out our blitz pickups we’ll be fine.

(And I’d also like to point out that our RB’s including Lumsden missed a few assignments on blitzes that led to hurries and sacks…so it wasn’t just the O-Line that was to blame for Printers running for his life.)