Dickenson signs with Calgary !!!

Id trust the judgement of the doctor after all she is considered the best in the business if she gave him the green light to go then im fine with him going on

Its a well publicized fact that the next hit Dave suffers could give him permanent brain damage. You might say that could happen to any player but Dave has had many concussions and is teetering on the edge.

Where the heck is this publicized ??

Thats why he and others go to several doctors until they find someone who tells them what they want to hear. I for one would never trust my health to those doctors.

Go for it Dave.

So do you trust your own doctor ?? Step back and think about what you just said .

First off I am currently without a family doctor. Second the one I had would not have signed consent forms under the conditions that habitually concussed athletes face

I agree completely. It’s one thing for players to hang on when they’ve lost a step and such, but when your health is on the line WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? I can understand that he loves the game, but he is risking far too much. I also question how he could be cleared to play. Way too dangerous.

what does this mean for burris????

Gonzo the Great of the muppets

On the subject of head injuries, some/many jurisdictions now have rules preventing boxers from fighting again in that jurisdiction for so many days/weeks after being knocked out. Doesn't stop boxers/promoters, etc. from moving the fight to a different jurisdiction with laxer rules-similar to shopping around for a doctor who will clear to you play football.
Having suffered at least 3 concussions so far and the last one having left me with no memory of Ticat season July/August 2005, or was it 2006? (some fans will say that's a good thing) due to post-concussion syndrome, I would say to anyone to weigh the risks of anything they do. Life is all about options, except probably death and taxes.

Merlin

BG , there is no way he`s that close to a serious injury and still playing with an ok from a doctor .

There is no way a team ( Calgary) would sign a player with that hanging over a players head . It`s people on here who think they know what is going on with EVERY player in the CFL !!!

Actually that type of behaviour by sports teams is commonplace habman