Dickenson, Murphy and Perry respect one-another

Perry's hit on Dickenson two months ago not only left his head reeling, it started the Lions quarterback carousel spinning, with five pivots now numbered on the active and practice roster.

"I've never said it was a dirty hit," Dickenson said Friday, as the Lions went through a workout. "Every one of my concussions has involved the back of my head, and that's probably what happened when my head snapped back and hit the turf. Fred's a really good player, very active."

"I think he's one of the best players in the league. It's funny, because he had to find his way with a couple of teams before he arrived as a player. They use him the right way here [Saskatchewan]."

Keeping Perry leashed is the responsibility of Lions tackles Jason Jimenez and Rob Murphy, the latter a quipping, controversial quote machine referred to as the "dirtiest player in the league." Perry, interestingly, is not among the chorus who thinks the B.C. left tackle is more grate than great.

"I like Murph," Perry says. "He's not a dirty player. He doesn't cheapshot you. I've never had an issue with him. I think he's a great offensive player."

thought id reply cause it goes back to the top