Dickenson Losing His Cool

...only if he's playing this role

http://www.smosh.com/wp-content/uploads/ftpuploads/bloguploads/1213/home-alone-injuries-small.jpg

LMFAO there R&W! :smiley:

...DD apologizes, and reveals he disappointed his mom, that's the worst thing you can do...

Thinking about it, isn`t it a bit paranoid of Dickenson to think that our CFL Canadian officials can be influenced by the fact the Bombers Pres., GM, and HC are Canadian?

Maybe they could add a clause into the USMCA agreement regarding the HC and referees.

CFL head coaches fancy themselves as magicians, aka conjurors. They’re in charge of the on-field product and how things go - and like most magicians the most important thing, even as important as the tricks (aka plays) are the magician’s patter - - - - the sing-song razzle-dazzle verbiage a good magician uses to entrance, distract and lure his audience into various states of belief - and disbelief . . . .

Thus guys like Maas, Buono, Dickenson, June Jones, O’Shea, Chris Jones, etc. have an ongoing call 'n response with various (all) officials as they cross into their boundaries. Dickenson is the biggest on-field crybaby I’ve seen in all the years watching CFL. The least crying came from legendary bomber head coach Bud Grant.

What’s going on? Mostly guys trying to alert the refs that they should be watching for this or that - pay attention to certain guys cheating or holding, the way centres are positioning the ball, etc. Davey Dick is loud and obnoxious. Maas is rather toxic - you never know whether he’s gonna lose it and pound out a ref, O’Shea kinda sneaks up on officials. Wally Buono, for years used his status to walk upon the field, a kind of village lord immune to all written rules to intimidate refs. Chris Jones talks more to himself than to the officials but picks up the volume when officials come within earshot.

All subscribers to the magician’s core. But all wanting to be in the officials ears - on a continual basis!

Yup. I’ve lost respect for the man from this for a bit of time but hey, he apologized and realized he sounded like some sort of goofball idiot.

Is this why Dickenson can’t move his lips without covering them with his game plan? Afraid lip readers will reveal his true character?

Sometimes I wonder if the guy can order food at a restaurant without instinctively covering his mouth with the menu.

If what he said is not derogatory, why won’t he say it?

Most things said that start with, “F**king ______ …,” will be derogatory in some form.

Oshea does very well influencing refs actually. I am not a fan of it…but hard to fault him for doing it and he does well. Surely you’ve seen an official in front of him, MO banter at him and the he gets a late call? I mean this is why DD (who also does it a lot) was vocal…head games with officiating crew

Well, that’s a good point, this ain’t tiddlywinks and you do what you have to do to get an edge to win, fair enough I suppose.

If the nickname is Canadian Mafia for the Bombers staff .

That’s actually kinda edgy .

Gives them some street cred :D.

O’shea , Miller and Walters at the post game press conference after the West Final . 8)

It is verbal abuse of Officials and may not be as bad as what Rose is being suspended for, it is unacceptable, he got caught, he should be fined by the league a 1/2 game cheque, the same as a player would be fined, for verbal abuse.

Pretty stupid to think this! DD is just frustrated because he choked away 2 Grey Cups. If he chokes away a 3rd, he will most likely be fired.

Dickenson really does need to “learn to win with some class”.

Wow. Really shows his character.

Good one! :slight_smile:

A fellow has suggested that the Blue Bombers get some Canadian Mafia T-shirts printed up for Xmas. Be a money maker, that’s for sure!

He’s an above average CFL coach (mostly cuz he’s got one of the Top 2 QBs in the league under his whip) but he has no character. An embarrassment to the Calgary Football organization, his family, his wife, his parents and the guy who hired him - John Hufnagel. This shows clearly how dodgy a character Dickenson is - but is also shows Hufnagel turning a deaf eye and a blind ear_!

It wasn’t directed at the officials…though certainly ensured that they heard it.