Dickenson cleared for workouts

As per TSN, it's actually a report, not official news just yet.

[i]Dave Dickenson's road to recovery could take a big step forward this week.

According to CKNW radio in Vancouver, Dickenson has been cleared to participate in light workouts with the B.C. Lions starting Monday.

Dickenson suffered his latest concussion on July 13 when he was hit by Fred Perry of the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

''Any time you can get one of your keys guys at least starting the process, it's exciting,'' Lions head coach Wally Buono told CKNW Radio. ''It's one step at a time and the good thing about all this is that he is making positive strides.''
Related Info

Dickenson was in attendance for the Lions first loss of the season on Thursday, a 21-9 defeat at the hands of those same Roughriders.

''Coming to the game on Thursday night was a positive and I think he felt good about that,'' Buono told the radio station. ''The next big step is to see how he reacts to the physical part of it.''

The Lions host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Wendy's Friday Night Football (TSN, 10:30pm et/7:30pm pt) and, unless Buck Pierece's turf toe injury shows improvement, Jarious Jackson may get the start for the second game in a row.

On the defensive side of the ball, linebacker Otis Floyd and defensive back Korey Banks should be back in the lineup but linebacker Jamall Johnson is out after suffering a broken arm in Thursday's loss.[/i]

I thought he would have been out a lot longer, although I would guess he's still a month away from actually game action.