Devone Claybrooks in as coach in BC?

Lions clean house of Coaching Staff

Washington, Reinebold, Dorazio not returning to B.C. Lions staff

The B.C. Lions have announced that several members of their 2018 coaching staff – including long-time offensive line coachDan Dorazio – won’t be returning next season under new head coach DeVone Claybrooks.
Also not being offered contracts for 2019: defensive coordinator Mark Washington, special teams coordinator Jeff Reinebold linebackers coach Chris Tormey, defensive line coach Randy Melvin, assistant defensive backs coach Stanley Franks and running backs coach Mike Lionello.
Dorazio spent 15 years with the Lions and has 21 seasons under his belt in the CFL.
Claybrooks, who was announced as the team’s head coach this week, is expected to bring in Rich Stubler to fill the defensive coordinator role.

The team also said that offensive coordinatorJarious Jacksonand receivers coach Markus Howell will return next season.

There we go, Orlondo, Washington at DC, Reinebold at STC. Next question?

Not sure about Washington. In both the 2017 and 2018 seasons the Lions defences were dead last in the West for points against and 7th overall in the league. He also couldn’t figure the Cats out in 3 tries. I think the Cats need to find the right guy and not just settle for whoever is available.

Not to make excuses, but,
That did coincide with the loss of Elimimian and Bighill

We do need “who is available” unless Orlondo does it himself

MTL, BC, and EDM are looking for a DC also

Within
Orlondo
Dennis McPhee
Craig Butler

Outside
Washington,
Benevides,
Reinebold,
Stubler

Drew Tate is the Lions new QB coach. I not sure a rookie coach who was a career backup QB can teach Lulay much of anything. I would expect Tate to have more of an impact with the new QB recruits straight out of college.

a good coach can excel at the mechanics without having the physical talent to make the best use of them. A lot of good coaches never played at high level. However, you are probably right about Lulay

That is all true. Some of the greatest athletes ever are often unsuccessful as coaches. Wayne Gretzky is an example. Tate might very well make a great coach one day but I don’t see how his inexperience can help the Lions right now with their QB struggles of the past couple seasons.

Drew Tates success as a QB Coach is directly proportional to the Lions signing Mike Reilly. :wink: