Depth charts Us vs the Anchors game # 13

Maybe they’ve finally honed their craft? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Here is an update on Jackson’s injury status courtesy of 3DN…

Have we lost more guys in 2021 to injuries incurred in practices, or in games? I suspect if you include training camp as "practices" it's not even close.

Good thing practices are non-contact.

That’s a good question . I mean we lost our number # 1 pick Burt I think before he even got to see the field . The guys been MIA ever since day one it seems .

We also lost what were supposed to be two of our top receivers in Addison and Posey early on in TC .
As it turned out we never did see Posey in a TC uniform when he was once again healthy and Addison teased us for a few games before being lost again for the season in an in game injury where he wasn’t even touched .
Van Zeyl was another casualty of training camp and missed considerable time early on in the season .

Van Zeyl only missed the first game coming out of camp. He played against SSK and was injured again.

All these injuries on Offence must explain why with a plus 12 turnover differential, we are in second place; while the Argos are in first place with a whopping minus 14 turnover differential!

Yup missed the season opener , played game 2 vs Sask before missing games 3 thru 8 before getting back on the field for the Thanksgiving day game vs the Anchors . Luckily for us he has played the last 5 games including tomorrows all too important clash for 1rst place . He not only helps on the line he also helps in the ratio department for this club big time.

1 Like

If you learned before the season that we would have six starting O-linemen - including four starting tackles - miss games due to injury, how optimistic would you have been about our chances?

1 Like

Well I certainly wouldn’t have thought that we would still have a shot at 1rst place with only 2 games to go . Especially when one considers that since that 0-2 start to the season this team has since gone 7-3 with those 3 loses coming by a combined 5 pts total . We could’ve/should’ve won at least 2 of those games and possibly all 3 . We really had no business losing those two back to backs at home vs Mtl and Tor .

We could easily be working on a 10 game winning streak or at the very least an 8 game winning streak .

I have 1000% confidence that we wind up where we should rightfully be in 1rst place and it all starts tomorrow by disposing of those posers from Toronto and their fake inflated BS 8-4 W/L record .

4 Likes

Last week, it was A. J. Ouellette who had 14 carries for 107 yards. Losing Don Jackson is a massive setback. Once again, Hamilton is left without a serious running threat.

I’d like to see Tommy call on Speedy, Tim and Jeremiah, more often, for running plays, particularly with Jackson out.

Pretty sad reflection on the actual running backs. But I agree. Jackson filled the void that had existed all season.

Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca shows the TiCats releasing NAT LB Jarek Richards on Nov. 11th. Our 4th round pick in this year's CFL Draft, and among the final training camp cuts, he was brought back at the end of August and has played 5 games, including last week against B.C. I'm guessing this may be a move, like the release of Jalin Marshall, 2 games ago, and then Marcus Green, prior to the last game. Both were re-signed, within a few days of their release. Are the Cats so close to the cap limit, that saving, at least on the books, one P.R. player's weekly pay, is important? If that's not the reason, for these release & re-sign moves, I don't understand what it might be as, for all 3 games, there has been at least one open spot on the P.R.

2021-11-11 HAM RICHARDS, Jarek LB N Saint Mary's Remove Unsigned Free Agent

1 Like

I have no idea, but it sure would explain a lot.

My coin that I flip is easily beating Kristina. 24-30…are you kidding me

6 Likes