Depth Chart?

Here we are 5 days into camp and no depth chart. Will it be posted soon?

How can you have a depth chart before you actually know who is going to make the team and whether they will be 1st, 2nd or 3rd string? That is what training camp is all about.

If you are looking for player info you can always click on the roster page under the team banner at the top left hand corner.

Good comment, fumbleroski.

Same thing I said last year.

[quote="Fumbleroski"]How can you have a depth chart before you actually know who is going to make the team and whether they will be 1st, 2nd or 3rd string?

That's what a depth chart is during camp. They had it last year.

I haven't been on here for awhile...forgive kme if this an old question or subject. Where is Joe Montford this year? I heard he was released by Edmonton? If thats true will there be any interest by Hamilton? Thanks

He was cut, and, so far, no other team has picked him up. He said he'd like to play in either Hamilton or Regina.

Thanks...so it is true. It sure would be nice to see him finish his career in Hamilton. Cotton, Cheatwood and Monford would be a nice combination. Lookin forward to this year. Thanks again.

if we were to get joe back, id move cheatwood to LB, that'd be sweet, but look for joe to end up in Sask,

if we were to get joe back, id move cheatwood to LB, that'd be sweet, but look for joe to end up in Sask
That would be a waste. Montford although good isn't as good as Cheatwood or Cotton, he'd be a back-up on our line. Moving Cheatwood to LB would ruin the hopes of actual linebackers on our roster, and would shorten, and most likely hurt Cheatwood stat wise.

Pesonally, I have found that depth charts are most useful when used during training camps as opposed to the regular season as there are so many more player competing for different positions.
Many other teams utilize and update them year round so not having one during camp means that it is a resouce for the fan that will be greatly missed when trying to follow the teams progress.
With so many improvments here and with the Tiger-Cat organization having taken place, (changes that I as a fan,I greatly appreciate!), the Mods should be given a little slack for the fact that there is only 24 hours in any day and I understand how having updated depth charts would be given a lower priority.
Keep up the good work and I look forward to their return in the future. :thup:

Well well well. Let me give you my opinion as to whom shall star where on defense only (Offense is in the air for me)

DE-James Cotton,Shawn Mayne
DT- Adriano Belli, Roger Dunbrack
DT- Devonte Peterson, Dunbrack
DE- Tim Cheatwood, Demetrios Walker

OLB- Ray Mariuz, Steve Josue
MLB- Auggie Barrenechea
OLB- Jojuan Armour, Rob Hitchcock

CB- Jason Goss, Tad Kornegay
CB- Wayne Shaw, Jykine Bradley

HB- Airiban Justin, Tad Kornegay
HB- Renard Cox, Imokhai Atogwe

S- Sandy Beveridge, Hitchcock

Ill also give u an idea of whom i think shall be our special teams aces:

Hitchcock, Mariuz, Bobby Brooks, Antwoine Sanders and Tay Cody

Im not so impressed with Cody as many other people are and would ahve worked him into their depth charts as a starting DB i just dont see it in him. but thats all for MY opinion. Cheers y'all

I guess it is all a matter of style (depth chart vs roster) but you can do a sort by position on the roster page to group players by position to compare who is competing with whom.

I still stand by the notion that for myself, I don't see the need for a depth chart during training camp cause there's going to be some good competition at certain spots like, Outside Linebacker, Defensive Back and Offensive Line to place someone as a starter in May.

Yes, it is fun to discuss among ourselves
where we think players will fit in but

for the coaches to spend time compiling
and posting a depth chart at this time

based on expectations from past experience
in the long run, really means 'diddly squat'

The coaches have other important work to do.

They are putting in systems and special teams
and sharpening the players skills.

Depth Charts will be determined when
our coaches have finished evaluating
the performance of the 75 + players

at THIS CAMP during workouts, scrimmages
and more importantly Pre-season GAMES.

The players haven't even tackled anybody yet,

let alone played a game.

Come off it Ronfromtigertown, that honestly has to be the single most uninformed post I've ever read and I have to wonder why you'd spread misinformation like that as though it were a well known fact.
Depth charts are ALWAYS handed out at the onset of training camp.
Surely in all the years you say you've been attending you must have received a few?
I've been attending camp since the early to mid-nineties and have never once not been given a depth chart, and usually right at the start.
If they don't have them yet this year then it's a first, but I think if you were to just ask around at camp you'd have one too.

To follow up Fumbleroski and ron from tt, it might actually be counterproductive for the coaches to draft a depth chart. If they want a truly competitive camp, and have told a new player that a starting spot is his to win, then a depth chart showing a vet in that position might suggest otherwise. A roster with players listed alphabetically doesn't rank players and suggests that the final team is still wide open. Even if it's not.

Justin is a CB.
Goss is a HB.

Scott Gordon will be the starting safety.

Shawn Mayne isn't even at camp.

Justin is a CB.
Goss is a HB.

Shawn Mayne isn't even at camp.

Justin is a CB.
Goss is a HB.

Shawn Mayne isn’t even at camp.

Word on the street is that after the Black and Gold game on saturday then some cuts most likely will be made at that point.

Every team has depth charts right from the start of training camp on. The Argos always have handouts available for fans that visit practices. Montreal has theirs on their website during TC and its kept up to date. With the computer age it should be easy to copy, paste, add or delete in a matter of minutes...but of course the coaches have to make the list available.
BTW Barrenecha that's a good list but I would think Scott Gordon and Tay Cody would be in the mix at safety and cornerback unless they're injured.