DEpth chart

So looking at the transactions Tay has been transferred to the Injured list... how long does he have to stay on there, 4 games?

Can it be retroactive to the beginning of the season? It appears to be valid to July 26 as is Anderson and Getzlaf

Cody has said he wants to stay here. He had his kids in school here last year (not sure about this year), and I thought I read that he bought a house (I could be wrong about that). I don't think this is anything like the Goss thing.

He moved back down south this past off season, I believe.

Relax.......Tay will stay.
As for Glasper, this kid was a dynamo at strong safety in college. I'm sure he'll make a great lb, but right now we need him in the secondary. Don't forget we now have Karikari back there to support the db's.

I would think BY NOW some would know enough to wait for the "official news" rather than speculating and trying to impune the integrity of football players(Tay Cody) and particularly Jason Goss, both fine human beings.

Having said that...let me address a couple of posts.

No need to bring Jason Goss into the thread "crash". You got "filled in" the last time around! What part of "he asked for a trade out west and was accomodated...at the time it was a win-win" don't you understand? Maybe it's because you can't defend Jason Maas or even see him getting traded? :roll:

Garybrownfan...you had it right up to the point where you said "demanded"!

Your Right...HE DIDN'T BAIL on the team!

Your right...Jason had serious problems on the home front to deal with. The Ticat organisation and his fellow teamates were aware of the situation and supported him.

Things improved by Feb. and when discussing his situation and possible return to football with Marcel, he said he would appreciate a trade to a "western team"...IF HE WAS GOING TO RETURN TO PLAYING FOOTBALL AT ALL! The rest of the BS was just that...BS...because nobody wants to trade from a position of weakness! That was an accomodating trade!

His home is in Pheonix...his family is there...he has his off-season job there...he could have sat out for this year and then signed with any team. The Ticats got something for him...end of story. The Eskimo's offered the most!

He is a football player that got traded. A very good one that was a respected and valuable member of the Ticats.

One more thing...yes, Edmonton is much closer to Phoenix and the flights are more plentiful and direct!

Let's let it go at that...OK? :wink:

I hope Tay is OK to play AND SOON. :thup:

Actually that is incorrect. He was 'offically' suspended by the team so his contract would not have expired until he played it out. He would have had to been activated. Sitting out would have just prolonged the contract.

Well for one there are more non-stop flights to and from Pheonix in Toronto. It does take about 45 min longer to fly. Goss simply didn't like the situation in Hamilton with the rebuilding and new staff.

Sitting out would have prolonged the contract? They traded him so they could get good value for him!

Thanks for confirming my point on the distance from Edmonton to Pheonix. By the way...The Ticats home is in Hamilton. He lived in Hamilton when he was here!

As far as "Goss simply didn't like the situation in Hamilton with the rebuilding and new staff". His play on the field was stellar! With the pressure he was under with the problems he was dealing with at home...to suggest "that" as his reason for leaving is "incorrect"!

whoknows...I know! Let's leave it at that,OK?

Back on track...

Again, let's hope that Cody's injury is on the mend and he can return! We need him.

Well, according to today's Spec:

With Cat defender Tay Cody set to miss his third consecutive contest with a knee injury, the Cats are expected to start Richard Karikari at safety. Rookie Ryan Glasper, who played outside linebacker last week, is slated to start at defensive halfback. Sir James Delgardo gets the nod at the other half and the corners remain the same.

Game time tonight is 10:30 EST and AM 900 CHML and TSN have the broadcast.

The Cats haven't started the same secondary for two straight contests this season and Hamilton head coach Charlie Taaffe admits the lack of continuity among his pass defenders is an issue.

"We're trying to find the best combination and the right guys," Taaffe said yesterday.

Ticat Renard Cox returns from a hip problem and will start at outside linebacker. Glasper played defensive back at Boston College and the Cats like him as a defender.

"At some point, you can't keep changing guys around. There is no continuity," Taaffe said.

Taaffe said Cody is structurally sound and won't require surgery.

"He just hasn't healed as fast as we would have liked," he said.

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/221657

Doesn't sound "Goss-like" to me.

Sitting out would have prolonged the contract? They traded him so they could get good value for him!
My arguement has nothing to do with the trade. You said...'he could have sat out for this year and then signed with any team.'

And I am saying NO that is not true, he could not have done that. Sure he could have sat out but that would not have made him a free agent.

Thanks for confirming my point on the distance from Edmonton to Pheonix. By the way...The Ticats home is in Hamilton. He lived in Hamilton when he was here!
No problem and thanks I know the Ticats are in Hamilton. Usually, I can understand the arguement 'I want to play closer to home' but when you play in Canada and home is in Arizona and the most you can really save in travel time is 45 mins there is an underlining message here.

Would a player really want to leave the team he has been with from day 1 to save 45mins of travel time?

As far as "Goss simply didn't like the situation in Hamilton with the rebuilding and new staff". His play on the field was stellar! With the pressure he was under with the problems he was dealing with at home...to suggest "that" as his reason for leaving is "incorrect"!
I know his situation. I did not say he left Hamilton last year because of the team or staff but that was the reasons he asked to be traded THIS year. He didn't like THIS years situation and all the teammates he has had cut and replaced.

Always happy to help.

Actually sitting out a year would have made him a FA. Even if this were not true the Cats would still get zero without a trade

Bingo! :thup:

I know what you said whoknows…and I’m not looking for an argument…my point was somebody was “impuning the integrity” with their comments about Cody and Goss!

Today there is info on Cody!

One other thing to remember (which was my point about living in Hamilton) is that you have to drive to Toronto and return in order to catch a flight!

Can we move along now? Like I said earlier, I hope Cody can return and soon, because we can use him!

Actually sitting out a year would have made him a FA.
Actually....again....no that is not true because he was 'officially suspended' so he still have owed the Cats one more year from whenever the team re-activated him again which would of meant he had to PLAY out the final year.

did you even bother to read the entire post? I covered the possibilty that I was wrong in that reguard. Who said he EVER had to play again

Goss is old news.

What is REALLY starting to peeve me off is that Dickerson is starting at FB again. Radlein is being tragically under-used, when a rookie who hasn't shown ANYTHING is starting ahead of him. What the heck is that about??

They claim its because Radlien can't line up as a tight end. I don't like it either because they aren't using Dickerson as a tight end when he's lined up out there

I agree. The only time I ever remember Radlein getting more than 2 touches was in an exhibition game last year. I believe he ended up with close to 100 yards that game. Go figure. Now they have him recycling at the stadium. What's up with that? Very similiar to the use of Holmes and Lumsden. When used, they gain yards but they aren't being used enough. Are we trying to lose on purpose!

Understatement :thup: I'll wait till after game 4 to "Rant". We have to use all the weapons!

I know this may hurt to hear because Julian is such a great ambassador for the team, but he really hasn't been the same since he hurt his knee a couple seasons ago. And he really hasn't been reliable at picking up the short yardage as he used to be. I love the guy and he is a consumate team player, but the truth hurts sometimes.

Dickerson is bigger and faster than Radelin and with a non-import starting at tailback, they aren't as obligated to start a Canadian FB like most teams are.

And because Dickerson is bigger and a natural TE, he can line up at FB and then motion up to one of the end positions before the snap of the ball like the Joe Gibbs "H" back.

Don't take my word for it, watch it happen live tonight at 10:30PM!

• paul

I agree Paul. Still I'd rather have both Holmes and Lumsden in the game and have both Radelin and Dickerson on the sidelines.