Depth Chart vs. Winnipeg

Anyone else concerned about our offensive tackles tonight?

I’m not. The LT is the guy who won the job in camp, and has been with the team since 2019. The RT Okafor has been with the team since 2017 and knows what he’s doing. So where exactly is the need for concern?

1 Like

In my opinion, we lost the Grey Cup to Winnipeg primarily due to our offensive tackles being manhandled by the Bomber rush ends. Dane had zero time back there, and was running for his life basically the entire game. I’m sure Condell remembers that, and will give our raw OT’s plenty of blocking support tonight from our TE and RB’s.

I’m interested to see how the three rooks who are starting on D tonight perform. Stribling, Kelly and Wilson must have had a solid training camp, and impressed our coaches.

Lack of starts is a concern. Jeffcoat and Jefferson manhandled our experienced tackles in the Grey Cup

I don’t mean to slag guys but Van Zeyl and Matthews both looked like they had been up all night drinking before the Grey Cup. Jeffcoat and Jefferson ran wide around them all game long, barely contested. It was their worst game all season by far. Give credit to Winnipeg, but these new guys can’t be much worse than what we saw in the GC.

And from what I’ve seen so far in the game they are holding up
Ok.

Remember when I said the o-line was going to be a problem?

2 Likes

Great post. Unfortunately we now see that Condell still has no answer for the Winnipeg pass rush.

It looked like a repeat of the 2019 Grey Cup. Different QB but same result.