Depth chart vrs MTL week 9

Masoli, Banks and Addison all starters

1 Like

So, one extra American at receiver, with Ungerer now backing up.

And one less American on O-line, with Woodmansey replacing Yarbrough.

2 Likes

That’s probably why Tucker was let go . They had to make room on the PR for Yarbrough . I’m happy and honestly anxious at the same time to see how Woodmansey does in his first career start replacing Yarbrough at RG .

This will only be his 3rd time dressing for a game this season . Twice he was dressed as a back-up and the other 5 games he’s been a healthy game day scratch for .

Looking at the depth chart I would have to guess that with Ungerer being moved to a back-up role that it’s most likely that Ternowski will be the game day scratch for this one .

2 Likes

I like it. Give the young O-Lineman some playing time. Yarborough hasn’t exactly been All-Star material so it shouldn’t really hurt to try the draft pick.

1 Like

I would expect Woodmansey makes a few mistakes but hopefully doesn’t miss a block where Masoli ends up getting pancaked to the turf. Montreal’s pass rush isn’t as lethal as Winnipeg’s so it’s a good opportunity to break a rookie O-Lineman in.

2 Likes

Interesting that Daly has dropped to 3rd in the depth chart as the Safety.
Katsantonis has been quite impressive so far this season in whatever role he's been given. Great hustle and at times looks like he's all over the field. This guy is definitely a keeper.

2 Likes

Daly’s neck injury could be playing a part in that as well. Good enough to dress, but not good enough to start/primary backup.

1 Like

MTL is second overall in sacks. 2 ahead of WPG.

I agree he has been impressive . One would think that it’s safe to say that Katsantonis is the heir apparent to eventually replace Daly in the regular rotation at Safety and hopefully move into the starters role eventually at sometime down the road in a few years .

2 Likes

That’s a weird stat. Jefferson and Jeffcoat are 3rd an 4th in the league with 5 sacks a piece. The only Montreal DL in the Top 20 is Sewell with 3 sacks and Woody with 3.

They must be getting through on DB, LB blitzes. Usually the responsibility of the FB or running back to pick up.

The point is Woodmansey won’t have to hold off some beast like Jefferson in his 1st game.

1 Like

Seeing how the rookie Woodmansey matches up against either Sewell or Baron, will definitely be one of the key matchups, particularly in pass protection. We might see Kalinic on the field early, to give Masoli some extra protection . . . at least until the coaches get a gauge on how the rookie is performing. Of course Kalinic on the field means one of those Import receivers is standing on the sidelines.

Looking forward to the game within the game.

2 Likes

Kalinic on the field is never a bad thing. Good screen pass option, has good hands and can get those tough yards when needed. Especially down in the Red Zone.

2 Likes

The Reserve could also be Daly. Isn’t Ternowski the holder for Bertolet? If he’s the scratch, who’s the next holder up? Watford?

1 Like

Probably Whitford.

1 Like

Simmons, Wakefield and Menard all have 2 sacks a piece, so they’re are getting it done with a strong Dline rotation.

1 Like

Something interesting, I noted looking at the depth charts of all the teams, playing this week -- Hamilton's line-up has 7 players who they selected in the '20 and '21 CFL Drafts. All teams don't indicate their draft picks on their depth charts, but among the others, which do, BC shows 4, WPG 3 and SSK just 1. In addition to those 7, '20-'21 drafted TiCats, the club also has 2 more on the 6-game injured list, and another 3 on the P.R. Also on the depth chart are 4 2019 Hamilton draft picks. While there's been some grumbling, in this forum, about our team's first overall picks, in recent years, I think these observations show how well the Tiger-Cats have done at the draft table.

7 Likes

Good points.

In the case of the Riders they do have 3 more on the 6 game and 1 on the PR (Jana) who has played a game or 2 this year. They also have some guys like Lenius (2019 draft) and Ferland and Picton who are rookies but have been local and training with the team for years but never drafted.

1 Like