Depth Chart - June 20th vs. WPG

[url=http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/ham/downloads/downloads/2013/06/ticatsdepth-june202013062243.pdf]http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/ham/downloads ... 062243.pdf[/url]

Figueroa gets the start at RT. O'Neill starts in place of Wojt who is knicked.

Giguere, Jones, Fantuz, Ellingson & Hilton at reciever. No Stala listed. Must still be knicked.

Looks like Sam Scott getting the start @ DE in place of Boudreaux.

Beaux getting the start @ short side corner. Harris at safety.

Only 1 NI starter on Defense ... Bulcke ... 3 OLinemen ... 2 receivers ... Therefore must be starting Delahunt in a FB/TE set to get to 7.

Interesting.

Also interesting to see that Gable is listed ahead of Walker. Not surprising, but interesting. I still think they could end up switching them out depending on the situation. Getting the ball into Walkers hands in open field has to be a priority.

Do they even care about the import rule for pre-season games? I'm seeing a couple of imports backing up Giguere, who is listed back out at wide receiver again (also interesting, and a bit surprising given the talk about moving him inside).

hMM ?

Well you were right FenderGuy ..O'neiil is being kept after all.

Interesting to see that Giguere is lined u as an WR as I had the impression they were looking at him in the inside. This must mean that they like Ellingsion to earn a spot inside or Volcy

So it looks like Mcree, Leong and Hilton are battling for one WR spot .

Intereting to see Gable # 1 onthe depth chat . It could mean they want to give him alot of touches .

Figueroa gets a good look at the right side n place of Dile as he was playing on the left side

On the Dline Moore moves over to where Davsi was paying and competes with Marshall.

Bulcke gets a good look this week

No sine of Shomari ? wonder if he is injured ?

Scott once again on top of the DE chart ...I still like Obiora and Singletary. should be interestin to see how Peah and boudreauc compare to these two

Intersting to see Colclough on his own at SAM . I guess they want a look at Harris at saefety and Stephen and Patrick are dinged up

Lawrence will get a good look at MLB .

I still think they plan to use Hinds .Stephen at one corner and Patrick at safety and one of Hobbs or Beaux at the the other corner
Beaux and Hobbs will get a good look

i think the cuts will be :

DALY
E. DAVIS
BREAUX ( PR )
ROSAMONDA
ROBINSON
T DAVIS
VOLCY
LEONG
INGERSOLL
RICE
FILER
LAWRENCE (PR )
ONE OF HILTON OR McCREE other goes to PR
GABLE ( PR )
PEACH
BOUDREAUX
SCOTT
AMRHEIM
DISTON
K,SCOTT ( IN FAVOR OF FORTIN )

LINEUP

S PATRICK ( KING , HARRIS
HB McCOLLOUGH WEBB ( BROWN )
CB STEPHEN HOBBS ( HINDS )
LB KNOWLTON JOHNSON COLCLOUGH ( BUSSEY , Lawrence(pr).HARRIS )
DL SINGLETARY MOORE BULCKE OBIORA ( Hazime , Marshall, WILLIAMS )

OLINE
SIMMONS, DYAKOWSKI, HAGE , WOJT , FIGUEROA ( DILE , BAILLARGEON , HUSABDN , O'NEILL )

WR1 GIGUERE
WR2 McCREE ( HILTON (PR ))
SB1 FANTUZ ( CAMPEAU)
SB2 JONES (STALA)
SB2 ELLINGSON

QB BURRIS , LEFEVOUR , MASOLI ( BROHM PR )
RB WAKLKER.LAMAR ( GABLE ( PR ) )
FB DELAHUNT

@CatsFanInOttawa ... Yes, ratio counts and is adhered to in pre-season. I think they have Giguere slotted in to start at the short side WR spot but will probably move him around the formation.

Though I think they are already running into ratio issues as they have a number of NI's knicked & dinged up at the moment.

@Gerbear9 ... No way they're cutting Peach and Boudreaux for raw rookies like Marshall, Singletary, Obiora, Hazime. They know Boudreaux & Peach are starting, they're just giving the rookies more time tomorrow to see who gets a back up spot and who's worth keeping on the PR. Moore isn't competing with Marshall. Moore is the starter at one DT.

They're not cutting Breaux. Legitimate chance to start. They're not cutting Fortin or Scott. One is the LS, the other is a solid special teamer. They both stay.

Won't cut Torrey Davis. He's on the suspended list. He doesn't get paid til he clears up his personal matters. When that's done, he'll be back.

Lawrence makes the full time roster. No doubt there.

No way King is making the 46 as a rookie. Maybe PR. Maybe an emergency backup or ratio call up.

Gable is the starter week 1. Walker getting time. Lamar will be one of the DI's.

What's up with Bakari Grant

No, there is no ratio in pre-season.

All the ratio says is "you may have 19 imports (not counting QBs) on your roster, and 3 of those 19 can only play offence or defence if they replace another import".

In pre-season you have way more than 19 imports on the roster, so how can you have a ratio?

The ratio says nothing about the number of non-import starters needed.
Teams might voluntarily try to stay with "7 non-import starters" to make things more realisitic, but they don't have to.

Thanks @JFL ... I still thought the starting ratio had to be adhered to. Thanks for the correction. May I ask where you found that information? It'd be a great help.

Bakari Grant is still knicked up I do believe.

@FenderGuy

Austin does not care about who has CFL experience or not . He has shown that very very clearly picking Delahunt over Stephenson , rookie Linebackers over Rey Williams , Gable and Davis over Coburne and Mallet , maybe Figueroa over Dile ia bunch of rookie DB;s over Tisdale, Beasley etc .

A week ago you had Hilton as a lock at receiver and that has changed rather quickly with Ellingson, Mcrees emergance and an average game performanc

I also think something could happen to Chevon Walker , Patrick, Jamal Johnson, Knowlton, Jones, B. Grant
where the likes of Gable / Davis, Stephen/ Harris , Hobbs , Eliingson , Hilton could beat them out

I see no reason at all not to think the same cannot happen to Peach and Boudreaux. Boudreaux has one year of CFL experience and it was on OK year. Peach has had a few years and he has also been OK .

Our DLINE was the worst in the CFL last year and only really got better when Moore and Davis started playing in the middle so I see no reason to think these guys are safe and if Singletary , Obioria , Marshall, Scott, look better than them tomorrow night then they will have a shot at starting . All 4 of these guys already have an excellent performance under their belt and if any of them outperform these 2 guys by a head and shoulders variety then they are potentially ahead of them in the depth chart

when you say :

"They know Boudreaux & Peach are starting.".i disagree ..it's more like they know what they can do and they have tape on them from last year.an and both ha dminor injuries ..Boudreaux is one year removed form being a rookie and thus hardly a veteran

I think the only vets that are locks are Burris, Fantuz, Hage, Dyakowski , Wojt, Mccollogh , Webb,

Breaux's futire will depend on tomorrow night . If he does not perfrom well they might go ask Horne to come in ? i think he is starting only because Stephen cannot and they knwo what they have in Hinds .

Fortin is listed as the backup Long snapper and he is a good specialty team players and decent rotation guy on the DLINE . if he can be a decent long snapper than Scott may become expendable as Scott really doesn't bring much to special teams or any other position . I bet they both don't stay .

To me Davis is up in the air as the team wants speed and as you say Moore has the one DT spot and likely Bulcke the other and Hazime looks great as NI depth .

You say Lawrence makes the roster ? At the expense of Bussey ? Bussey looks really good and looked good in NFL camps too and had a great career at illiois . He is a beast.

King will make the team and maybe at the expense of Bucknor or Beswick

I'd love to see them dress all 3 running backs but that likely means another good backup import that plays good specialty teams gets dropped .

I guess we can look at this note in a week and see who has the better insight.

I don't know where to find the official text of the ratio rule.

This link on cfl.ca actually does mention "7 starting non-imports", but it's more meant to explain the rule to fans and show how the roster would break down once you subtract the 16 starting imports and 1 QB from the 24 positional starters.

http://www.cfl.ca/page/game_rule_ratio

In a regular season game, the coaches give a list of their 3 designated imports to the officials before the game. The officials keep track of them by having them check in whenever they enter the game on offence or defence. I'm not sure if that's the responsibility of the Head Referee or the sideline officials (Head Linesman, Line Judge), I've seen players check in with both.

But it would be impossible for the officials to keep track of that in a pre-season game. If you restricted the roster to 16 starting imports you'd have to have about 15 or 20 designated imports.

The rule is described in detail in the CFLPA CBA, Article 23: Roster Size. I just checked, and it uses the phrase "in the regular season and playoffs". So no requirement to restrict the use of imports in pre-season, but as you said earlier, teams may choose to adhere to the starter rule to prepare for the regular season, especially in the second game when they're giving the starters some game time.

DEFINITELY!!!

So ... You're stating that you don't have any hard proof evidence that says whether the ratio applies or does not in pre-season?

Honestly .. I not trying to be a Jerk ... Just trying to save Face ... in the future ... All to avoid being a Loser

I was stating that I know there is hard proof, I just didn't know where to find it.
CatsFanInOttawa found it in the CBA.
You can read it on page 62 and 63 of this document:

http://media.cfldb.ca/documents/cfl-cflpa-collective-agreement-2010.pdf