Depth Chart for Sunday

Now we all know that we can't take these charts as chiseled in stone, but a couple of things jumped out at me.

Whitaker is listed as staring tailback (no surprise), but what is surprising is that there is no one listed as his backup (3 FBs instead). So what is the plan if he happens to get injured, especially early in the game? Ignore the run and just throw constantly?

Chris Wilson is starting DE on the other end from Bowman; how did he look in the preseason, anyone know?

And, speaking of being mistaken, contrary to what I posted a few weeks back, Alex Brink did make the team. I'll have some HP sauce with my crow, thanks very much.

Chris Smith is the starting corner opposite Tisdale.

And. . . Eric Deslauriers is listed at SB behind Stala. Whenever he played it seems to me that he always played WR.

Brouillette ahead of Edem. McElveen ahead of Klassen. Marsh ahead of Brink. *facepalm

I hope this depth chart isn't how things are actually going to roll.

As for Whitaker, I assume that Lumbala would be the backup, since the latter saw quite a bit of time at RB in the second preseason game.

Agreed on the first one. Much as I like Brouillette, he’s an injury waiting to happen; Edem was a standout last season and he’d be my starter. We just have to hope that the published depth chart bears but a minimal resemblance to reality.

As for McElveen over Klassen, I am in favour of that one. McElveen was a rock in the middle of the Green Riders’ D line last season, and the way he and the other DT shut down Cornish in the West final was probably the best game he ever played. (take with a grain of salt; Mrs MadJack and I are personal friends with the guy, full disclosure). I’m sure Thorpe will have them all rotating in and out anyway, so who actually starts there the first play of the game doesn’t really mean a whole heck of a lot.

Marsh ahead of Brink depends on how they will be used. If Smith falters or gets hurt early, and a backup has to play a major chunk of the game, then I want Marsh in and not Brink. For third down gambles, second and short, or the odd wildcat formation, then use Brink.

C’est Lumbala qui prendrait en charge le jeu au sol.

Chris Wilson is starting DE on the other end from Bowman; how did he look in the preseason, anyone know?
J'ai bien aimé ce que j'ai vu de Wilson. Il a beaucoup d'énergie, a la puissance pour rivaliser avec les gros joueurs de ligne, a démontré de bonnes dispositions en poursuite du quart. Je crois que nous allons apprécier sa venue dans l'équipe, et que les adversaires ne pourront plus se contenter de ne porter attention qu'à Bowman.
And, speaking of being mistaken, contrary to what I posted a few weeks back, Alex Brink did make the team. I'll have some HP sauce with my crow, thanks very much.
Peut-être, mais ce qui est plus déplorable, c'est qu'il a gardé son poste faute de mieux, pas parce qu'il a impressionné.
Chris Smith is the starting corner opposite Tisdale.
J'ai beaucoup aimé ce que j'ai vu de Smith. Il est excellent en couverture et semble avoir de bonnes mains. J'ai l'impression qu'il va faire regretter plusieurs quarts de jouer dans son coin.
And. . . Eric Deslauriers is listed at SB behind Stala. Whenever he played it seems to me that he always played WR.
Il est listé comme demi inséré, mais il pourrait aussi s'aligner de façon éloignée... ou ne pas jouer du tout. Je préfère qu'on ait Stala pour les tracés intermédiaires. Il a de meilleures mains et peut réussir les attrapés dans la circulation dense.

Brouillette n’a pas été vraiment blessé la saison dernière. Peut-être que sa malédiction est terminée, du moins on doit se le souhaiter. Mais s’il devait se blesser, nous avons un excellent substitut avec Edem.

As for McElveen over Klassen, I am in favour of that one. McElveen was a rock in the middle of the Green Riders' D line last season, and the way he and the other DT shut down Cornish in the West final was probably the best game he ever played. (take with a grain of salt; Mrs MadJack and I are personal friends with the guy, full disclosure). I'm sure Thorpe will have them all rotating in and out anyway, so who actually starts there the first play of the game doesn't really mean a whole heck of a lot.
Je suis d'accord. McElveen a semblé avoir élevé son niveau de jeu d'un cran l'an dernier et il s'est même permis plusieurs poursuites du quart, pour le peu qu'il a joué. Mais c'est certain que Klassen va avoir ses tours de piste, et je ne serais pas surpris de voir Knapton à quelques occasion soit à la place de Wilson ou à la place de Lavarias.
Marsh ahead of Brink depends on how they will be used. If Smith falters or gets hurt early, and a backup has to play a major chunk of the game, then I want Marsh in and not Brink. For third down gambles, second and short, or the odd wildcat formation, then use Brink.
Ça me semble un évidence. Si Smith tombe au combat, celui qui le profil le plus près de lui est Marsh. Mais il a encore beaucoup de croûtes à manger. S'il en arrache, Brink pourrait être un bon gestionnaire de cadran.

You know that they are playing Saturday, not Sunday