Depth Chart for Saturday is up

http://www.ticats.ca/depthchart/list/team/6

Now there's something we haven't seen before - Darcy listed as a wide receiver. If Giguere's foot actually is injured, could we actually see Darcy line up occasionally on the outside and go deep?

What are the odds of Dueces being dressed for the game this week? On his Twitter, he acknowledged that he is still not quite in game shape, if I'm reading it right. (Can't find the tweet, but something about getting the legs back.) One of his other tweets is rather interesting, that opportunity is not lost, it is just passed on to someone else. The guy has a great outlook on life.

I really hope Avon is dressed. We need his swagger and leadership and yes again his blocking.

It's not the Offense I'm worried about it's the defense stopping Ray and the Argo RBs, they are going to have a handful.

Hey I'm with you mike, for sure.

Chris Jones knows Burris as well as any DC in the league from their time in Calgary. This will be a defensive struggle IMO.

Good insight there. IMO the Cats O should work the Argblows linebackers and make them pursue to the boundary. Make them chase Fantuz and Chevy for 4 quarters and watch the seams open up as the halfbacks and safeties are forced to pinch up later in the second half.

On D they must get to Ray, full stop.

Nice. Get those backers playing sideline to sideline to open up the middle for Fantuz and Stala. I also want to see Burris take some shots down field. Even when they don't connect, they loosen up the coverage just a bit, and Chris Jones will occasionally go man zero behind a blitz, so the opportunity for the big play is there (Chris Williams?).

On D they must get to Ray, full stop.
Take away the corner routes and stop the run and you are halfway to shutting Ray down IMO.

Only showing 45. Hinds, added to the Active Roster, is the missing man on the Depth Chart.
I don't see any reason for activating him from Injured and then making him a reserve, so I expect he'll dress and was "accidentally," shall we say, left off the chart.

I see the club has now finished the Depth Chart by addiing Hinds, showing him backing up Bucknor and ahead of Rwabukamba.

This is an absolute must. The reason the Cats traded for Burris was because he has an arm that Glenn (and to be fair, most QBs) simply doesn't possess. I understand that the type of defense that Stubler plays is designed to limit the deep ball, so I wasn't surprised to see almost no shots down field, but the big play can be made against a Chris Jones defense.

Henry has a cannon arm, always has, and appears to have corrected the mechanical problems that were plaguing him last season. He's not a ball control guy, not West Coast at all. He's a streaky big-play QB both passing and using his legs to extend plays and throw on the run. Cortez needs to leverage Burris's strengths, definitely.

I understand that the type of defense that Stubler plays is designed to limit the deep ball, so I wasn't surprised to see almost no shots down field, but the big play can be made against a Chris Jones defense.
Indeed. Stubler will always give you the underneath stuff. His defenses are predicated on the belief that if you ask an enemy offense to put together a sustained, 6-to-8-minute drive from one end of the field to the other, eventually someone will make a mistake and the drive will stall. Essentially, Stubler plays drive sustainability percentages, rather than pass completion percentages, because he banks on human error rearing its ugly head most of the time. Jones, by contrast, will play to attack all the time and dare you to beat him with low-percentage throws downfield. So he dares you to be perfect in your reads and execution most plays, counting on incompletions that give his team's offense the ball back quickly.

IMO both coordinators are good complements to their respective team's offenses. With a big-play offense (Lulay in BC), you aren't so concerned about getting the ball back quickly, because you know you can be in the end zone and doing the TD dance in two or three plays. With a modified West Coast offense such as the one Milanovich runs in Toronto, you need quick stops to give your QB every opportunity to settle into a passing rhythm and put together a sustained drive down the field for points.