Depth Chart 2024

You would think that but then again one never knows . My guess is that the team is moving on from re-signing Thurman and also possibly Simoni in order to free up cash to sign and strengthen the team in other positions such as re-signing White and possible one of the other pending FA receivers (Schoen ? Bailey ? Bane ?) or defensive linemen (Barlow ? Oakman ? Hendrix ? Jeffcoat ? Lanier ? Betts ? ) that might become available in a few weeks .

3 Likes

If Williams does indeed start at linebacker it gives the team some ratio flexibility and might mean they don’t have to carry two starting Cdn receivers or rotate a CDn defensive tackle or end in every series. Not a bad move in my opinion. Can’t recall the last Canadian who started here consistently at linebacker - Kevin Eiben maybe?

3 Likes

I like the FA possibilities coming to the hammer. In reality, how many will ?

The Tiger-Cats, IMO, are not likely as attractive a landing spot for players looking to make a move, this year, as they would have been, at this time, a year ago.

1 Like

Probably not many or any for that matter of the ones that I mentioned but hey…dare to dream as they say .

Well not having announced a coaching staff as of yet certainly doesn’t help matters when trying to entice talent to come here this season .

3 Likes

The American Canadian dream. You have to be asleep for it to work.

So there ya have it it would appear . Either Thurman or Simoni or maybe both will not be a part of this team moving forward this season .
We could be looking at an all new starting three in the linebacking department this season .

It scares me to think Simoni could be gone

4 Likes

Not only scares me it saddens me if this is indeed the end of the Lawrence era here in the Hammer . I personally think that just by going strictly by his stats and play last season that he deserves another shot here in 2024 .

9 Likes

Kongbo has been released

2 Likes

No surprise there really . He was basically MIA on most nights last season and honestly he won’t be missed . He certainly didn’t live up to expectations when we acquired him that’s for sure .

3 Likes

More here about Kongbo and his release from 3DN…

2 Likes

“The six-foot-five, 266-pound defender made 15 defensive tackles and three special teams tackles over 18 regular season games with Hamilton this past season in a depth role.”

Basically one tackle per game.

1 Like

If Hervey makes that type of decision (very Marcel Desjardins like) he’d better back it up.

1 Like

And no sacks from a guy who played a rush end position . Yup he definitely was not worth whatever it was that we were paying him last season. Most nights he was basically a waste of a roster spot with his lack of production .

5 Likes

2 Likes

Next Monday the 5th to 2 Monday’s from now on the 12th is the Nego window… which will make things interesting because once that window close all teams will get copies of all of the contracts offered to all players and will be able to see what each team offered what players.

2 Likes

It’s about to get interesting in the next couple of weeks . Buckle up folks and enjoy the ride .

1 Like