Demise of Renegades 2006

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE. THIS WAS WORSE THAN THE TEAM UNDER WATTERS. COME ON COACH B DEFEND YOUR HEROS NOW YOU IDIOT. DO YOU THINK TILLIMAN OR ANY OTHER RESPECTIBLE FOOTBALL PRESENCE IS GOING TO ASSOCIATE THEMSELVES WITH THESE EMBICILES RUNNING THIS FRANCISE. SPOKE TO BAD-GAITED ON SATURDAY. HE HAS BEEN TOLD THAT THE TEAM WILL LOSE IN EXCESS OF $ 5 MILLION WITH NO ABILITY WHAT SO EVER TO RAISE TICKET PRICES NEXT SEASON AND A FORECASTED LOWER SEASON TICKET BASE. LEAGUE WILL BE RUNNING THIS TEAM BY MID SEASON 2006!

Good bye Rough Riders Good Bye Gades!

give me a break, why don't you all just stop talking about the gades since you won't be cheering for them next season.

May as well tear down Frank Clair Stadium - what a shame as it is a great place to watch a game and has been enshrined with a great CFL legend - and start building old age residences there in the Glebe, and move the team to Halifax.

I really do feel for the Ottawa franchsie, and i've cheered for them as my second favourite team this year next to the eskimos. I believe entirely what the first poster said and as much as i hate to see the team moved, i think in 2007 we'll see the franchise in either quebec city or halifax.

All we need is a decent season! The fans are there! We can pull off 16,000 with a team that hasn't had made the playoffs in so long, with shady ownership problems in the offseason! Could you imagine what it would be like if we started winning and had a good team foundation?

Listen man… I don’t need this crap.

Want to support this team - join up
Don’t want to support this team - shut your pie hole

http://www.williamhung.net/i/top_left.jpg

Its propaganda like this that hurts an organization.

I’m giving them 1 complete season to prove themselves. In fact, I’ve already renewed for next season.

I don’t know what this is going to prove moving the team especially to Quebec City… My wife’s family is from Quebec City and sports is low on the list. I think they’d rather go to a Star Acadamie show as the LFC is the last thing they care about.

Moving the team is a waste of time and shoud not even be discussed

“We will not make the mistakes of the past�

Holy F#ck! Forrest Gump, Rick Flair and Lonie Gliberman!
What a circus! I had much to say last year because Brad Watters needed to be exposed for what he was and was doing. This speaks for itself. But there is a few points that still needs to be cleared up:

1.,	There were no viable alternatives

Bullshit! Two other Canadian partnerships did exist, however neither group would accept any further association with the Watters’ group.  Only the Glibermans would permit this and approve a substantial and long term marketing arrangement with a company Brad Watters owns (which the Renegades are its only client).  Tom Wright knew this but would not intervene.  His complacency may have provided a short term solution, but the nightmare has begun.  His legacy of turning the CFL around will be stained but the events that will follow in Ottawa in the next year or two.

2.,	While Eric Tillman jumped ship, and I don’t blame him, Joe Paopao stayed on.  For whatever his reasons were, I know for a fact that he was aware of much of the shenanigans that were going on between the Glibermans, Watters and later with John Jenkins.  Some call it class – I call it cowardness.  He could expose these fools for what they are but he has choosen otherwise.  Probably a smart move considering that his reputation has been already so seriously damaged, however only by speaking out can this element be removed before this franchise reaches a state with the community that it could never recover and ultimately lead to the demise of profession football in Ottawa.

3.,	Does John Jenkins hiring remind you of Rambo’s hiring in the 90’s?  The future is indeed bleak.

4.,	While I can understand the diehards who will support this team regardless.  Unless they are willing to spend $ 100, 000 per season ticket it is not going to mean jack shit.  Lonie had to realize that he could not gut the team and start all over.  The patience of the general public is done.  Yet he is proceeding down this path anyways. The stands will be empty next season and no big name American will bring them back.

5.,	Lonie Gliberman couldn’t market crack to an addict in a crack house.  His idiotic marketing strategy, if I could call it that, has shit on Ottawa’s deep football tradition and its significance in the community. As well, he has alienated family’s from attending games.  Both key to generating any consistent paying foundation.

By not speaking out, the Gliberman’s will only dig this team deeper and deeper into the hole until nobody will be able to resuscitate it. Bernie will not lose money forever; not this kind of money. Trust me, they will run. Unless, their real agenda is to move the team elsewhere.

i'll be there to say i told you so when the Gades succeed with the Gliebermans at the helm

I want them to succeed but i don't see it happening with the idiot Gliebermans. They're more concerned with making movies and hiring a coach who only does passing plays. Everyone knows this type of offence won't work, look how fast people caught onto the esks this year when we didn't have a proven RB!

And I’ll be there to duck my head when the pigs start flying.

O.K. Gades and Moscow must be employees of the Renegades/Glieberboys.

Nope, just someone who supports them through thick and thin, and not one to jump all over people when they have yet to prove themselves, like yourself.

Just cause i’m a supporter, doesn’t mean that i am employed by the team or am a friend of Lonie.

U kno what if ur not a gades fan get out of the forum

also the (gliebs) where awar that they would loss tons of money and they will keep losing for 5 years and they said they would stay with the club knowing how much money they would loss for that long. so try to be patient

Hey. you best add me to this list cause I too am supporting this team… I guess there’ll be three of us in the stands come opening days… Best put the beer on to cool…

Can’t tell you guys how much I’m looking forward to tomorrow afternoon’s games!!!

welcome aboard moved da sticks. i know that when they start winning next season, that all these haters will be hopping on the bandwagon.

Wow, such big words from a small mind. If you look at what I've said before retard, I was talking about what happened in Ottawa last time they owned the team. And, what I said was all true. I never said they were the ultimate owners. I also said that Bernie has the kind of money the team needs to survive. And that Lonie, while being very odd at best, does keep the team in the papers all year round. It seems Bernie is the only person who is willing to help that team stay alive in the CFL. So, you can continue to cry like a 10 year old girl if you want, or STFU and support your team. Either way, I don't G.A.F! Others have said it before in this forum. No matter what they do, Ottawa fans bitch and complain. I agree the team needs to be better. So many losing seasons is UNSAT. However, if you can't keep an owner for more than one or two years, how do you get any kind of stability? Joe had 4 years, and was unable to get a winning season. Sure he's a nice guy, but no wins means no fans. And I'm not sure about Jenkins. He looks like an ass clown. For all I know Hung, maybe your Jenkins!

All we need is a decent season.

All we need is a decent season.

Listen son, Ottawa hasn’t had a decent season since 79 when they were over .500. Although 81 they went to the Cup, but that’s it. Keep waiting because ole Lonie isn’t going to bring it here.

Great post, Bad-Gaited. YOu hit the nail on the head. Gades, did you even read Bad-Gaited’s post before freaking replying?