Defense without Scott Schultz

Sad news today that Scott Schultz is retiring mid-season we are going to miss his heart and all-out play. What effect will this have on our defense? Do we really have players that can step in and fill Scott's shoes?

Too bad, i really loved watching this guy play for the green and white for as long as he did. Youll be missed big fella

:cry:

Shologan has already nearly replaced him. So first string, we will be fine. The bigger problem is in the rotation, where another Canadian has to step in - does Stadnyk play d-line? Can Mullinder play inside? Can Chunky pass for a farmboy from Esterhazy?

Personally... I think we will be just fine without Schultz. I love the guy and he brings a lot of leadership and experience, but in terms of performance, he hasn't done a whole lot since Davis left. He has only had a handful of sacks each year and some tackles. It will suck replacing him because he is Canadian... but in terms of our defence, I think we will be fine.

Even though Scott is a great guy and from Sask, he was largely ineffective last year and this so his loss won't have a big impact onthe team. Not slagging him but it is his time to hang em up.

im sorry but his loss will have a huge impact on the team maybe not because of his performance but because of his experience, leadership, and mentoring skills. Agreed his performance may not have been all-star but the guy is an all-star

Our D will need some to adjust without Schultz, but we'll be fine. Shologan, Stadnyk and Mullinder will mature and take over. Expect the Riders to sign a non-import DL to replace Schultz.