DEBATE which do you think is better? CFL or NFL

Personally I think the CFL is better because we have much better Recievers to work with and only 3 downs so it's more difficult, but compared to the NFL our RB's and QB's don't stand a chance. But since we have less teams we're more competitive, and thats what makes us better :stuck_out_tongue: and the fact it's Canadian :smiley:

Hmmm, too broad of a question. Heres how I break it down.

Excitement of plays.(Passing etc)........CFL
Power and Strength of the players........NFL
Rules(I hate the fair catch, and timing).CFL
Hype and Promotion.........................NFL
TV Coverage..................................NFL

Could probably disect both leagues more, but thats just a couple of reasons to LIKE both.

just to add to that

Qulity of website and live update…NFL
Efficiency of front office…NFL
Reffing…TIE

Can't argue with those FYB.

I'll add

Corporate sponsors.........NFL

And more:

Pre-snap motion rules...........CFL
Time-keeping....................CFL
Play execution..................NFL
Speed of the game*..............NFL
Field Size......................CFL
Kicking.........................NFL

• I'm not talking about how long it takes to play a game, or the time between plays, but the actual speed of the play and the players - the NFL is faster.

I disagree some with the presnap motion. It pisses me off a lot how many offside penalties those slotbacks get. I wish that practice would be outlawed. Damn that elgaard anyho.

Yeah, but that roughly corresponds to the number of illegal shift/motion penalties you see in the NFL.

Forward motion makes it a lot tougher for DB's to cover the slots in bump and run...making it easier to get balls in the receivers' hands.

Tough question. Both have their strong points and their weak points.

I like the competitiveness in the CFL. In the NFL you have way too many teams who are 4-12 or 5-11 or 2-14 etc.

And not sure who said it, but as far as websites and that go, definitely the NFL. NFL.com and ESPN.com are amazing for stats and play-by-play etc. CFL.ca has a lot to learn. :lol:

The NFL is more publically supported other then the CFL, People here are to focused on Hockey to appreciate football like the Americans do. (I still like hockey but football's #1 in my books :thup: )

i cant stand to watch even NFL highlights...looks like arena football to me, with a such a small field...not to mention baseball diamonds disgised as football fields..hahahaha

Agreed DG.
For me, here is the one which should have been mentioned:

Overhyped and not worthy(especially here in the "Center of the Universe")......NFL

CFL wins. In every way. I hate those bastardized rules...from the small field to the 4 downs to the lack of pre-snap motion.

And lastly...NFL season starts after the Grey Cup.

[quote="Artie-Lange"]And more:

Time-keeping....................CFL
Play execution..................NFL
Speed of the game*..............NFL
Kicking.........................NFL

i agree with all of that except kicking. I like how you can get a single for kicking it into the endzone and how there is no fair catch

I'll sum up the list and ad my view.

Excitement of plays.(Passing etc)........CFL
Power and Strength of the players........NFL
Rules(I hate the fair catch, and timing).CFL
Hype and Promotion.........................NFL
TV Coverage..................................NFL
Qulity of website and live update........CFL
Efficiency of front office...............NFL
Reffing..................................TIE
Time-keeping....................NFL
Play execution..................CFL
Speed of the game*..............CFL
Kicking.........................CFL

I thought I did a post, but it didnt show for some reason.. I said that both leagues have their pros and cons, but overall the CFL game is more wide open and exciting than the NFL .. and most NFL teams that are exciting to watch run a CFL type offence.

you have got to be kidding. You must be a CFL head office employee or website admin. Do you even ever use the NFL live update. They can do 11 games at once, update faster, and give better info than CFL.ca can do with just one game. Its not even close.

Agreed, re: live update, and the NFL's online content is light years better than what we get, regrettably.

Plus, no one can argue that the speed of the game in the CFL is faster than the NFL. My God, Pittsburgh had a LB that weighed 270 and ran a 4.6 40.

As for kicking, I should clarify - I was referring to quality of kickers, but I agree that the rules regarding kicking and scoring from kicks are better up here.

Speed of the game!? you like slow motion football? Mostly one or two yards per play…

No, I'm talking about the speed at which the players travel during the play. They are all faster, on average, than their Canadian counterparts.

I remember John Avery in Edmonton - lightning. Down in Minny he was ordinary at best in terms of speed.

Kenton Keith - cut from the Jets for being too small and too slow.

Whatever you may like or dislike about the game, the dudes down there are FAST.

NFL players are the elite, no argument there. However the average player on both sides arn't that different. Remember, of the thousands of eligible players, less than 300 get drafted and less than 5 percent play pro ball. Not make the NFL, play pro anywhere. Just to give you an idea of the talent level.

As far as excitment, the best NFL teams do use offences that the CFL has had for years. Imagine NFL players with CFL rules? Well honestly, today, there isn't much difference. Its not uncommon to see 40 passes in the NFL today. Its never been better. If they ever fixed the last 2 minutes, there wouldn't be much that the CFL could brag about.

I'm still a pro CFL fan, but don't kid yourself when your watching the Argos win 11-6 over the Cats while The Colts are winning 46-35 over New England