Dear Mr Bruce,
Seeing as the media have been willing to provide you with a platform so you can hear yourself speak, I just thought I would give you my thoughts. Just remember what you paid for them.
(1) "There might have been some things said out of frustration but it is what it is"
FYI, technically not an apology. You might as well have said "I'm sorry you were upset by what I said.". Also technically not an apology. But, it just sounds better.
(2) "I didn't say referees are racist or this league is racist. I just said it's a question, is that possible for that to happen?"
Hmmmmmm.........how about this... "Is it possible that Arland Bruce is a serial killer masquerading as a football player? I just said it's a question, is that possible for that to happen?"
John Stewart did a GREAT piece on the fact that you can get away with saying ANYTHING if you make it a question.
Saying "<> is a pedophile" is potentially slanderous. Saying "Is <> a pedophile?" technically isn't.
(3) "The racial issue, I don't think this league is anything like that but it makes you wonder why aren't there any African-American referees in this league?"
Because we are in Canada. They would be African-Canadians. Ignorant.
(4) "I wish I could talk to Mr. Black, one on one at the table," he said. "I know a lot of other coaches and players would like to, too."
Reality check. You're not that important. See: Robert Baker.
(5) ""If you look at the referees the times that we've played, be it Montreal or other teams, it has been unbalanced officiating on our part."
Hey Bruce, read that back to yourself. Does it make sense? Can the so-called unbalanced officiating be "on our part"? Should we believe someone who can't verbalize a coherent thought. Never mind, I read your last few "comments".
Anyway, my take is this. We all know that not one dime of your money will be leaving your pocket. "Unspecified amount" is either nothing or an amount that Toronto will pick up and say you paid. If they were serious, they would have suspended you for a game or two or disclosed the amount. The Argos might as well has said "We pulled him aside and gave him a good talking to."
Pinball, just remember that babying just makes them worse. If you want them to act like adults, make them accountable for their actions. Most of society works that way.