Deandra Cobb

I don't want to needlessly keep a debate going, either, but the running game is an area of concern. Will Whitaker or some other RB fill the bill, and the big hole left behind by the departure of little AC? That remains to be seen. I, for one, would be more than glad not to have to bring up this subject again for the entire season, but that, mes chers amis, depends entirely on Withaker's (or another RB's) ability to make us forget Avon.

Without a credible running game, even AC, great as he is, our receiving corps, great as they are, become absolutely one-dimensional. Opposing D's will quickly learn all of our passing routes, know who to key on, pin their ears back, and go after AC. We almost lost him last year; I sincerely hope a credible running game is in the mix for this season, and that we can execute it well.

So, this is one aspect I'll be looking at with particular interest this season. I sincerely wish Whitaker all the best, that he will indeed improve from week to week, and that his contributions will lead to the Als racking up Ws each and every week!

I throw this out there; why not give Whitaker the chance at 2 or 3 games with the starting Offense and see how he and they fare? With a couple of games under his belt, we may all be saying Cobourne who? Then again we may be on this topic for the entire season. The point being, give him a chance to see what he and the offense can do.

People can criticize our football people all they want. They've earned my admiration and trust, obviously see something in Whittaker, Marc and the other two backs they kept or they would have gone out and get others. Fans of every other team in the league envy the organization we have in Montreal, tells you something.

We are already faced with the replacement of four starters, this is a new team and adjustments will be required, some guys will get injured, others will do worse or better than expected. CFL season is a marathon, the team will make the playoff unless someone wants to argue otherwise :roll: at which point the team that's comes in with the best health, depth and talent and plays left hidden in their playbook will endup on top. I could not care less if the Als are 14 and 4 or 9-9, its what they manage to build through the journey that will be telling. Not how Wittaker plays in the first four weeks but how he plays in the last four weeks.

People can shiat on Maypray all they want, he was a playmaker in both playoff games last year, he was a net contributor and a key reason why we won the Grey Cup, the kid is 23 years old !

For those who don't realize it the eastern division will be a dog's breakfeast this year so accept it and enjoy great football, should be the best season we've seen in decades in the East.

Well, gents, the Als kept many of their starters from last year, not an easy feat in the CFL. Let's face it, most of these players are from the US, and would love to play Sunday football, i.e. in the NFL. The CFL has launched several stellar careers south of the border. After a good season, especially one in which a player hoists the GC over his head, and maybe picks up a few individual awards, a player is going to seek a better contract - translation - more money!!!! The CFL, being what it is, with salary caps, small operating budgets....etc. finds it difficult to recruit, train, and retain players.

So, good ones come and go; we've all seen this picture before. The Als do indeed have some new faces on the roster and in certain positions have good depth. That is particularly evident with the receiving corps; so, good on them for doing this.

There are some questions about certain positions and it would be ridiculous to pre-judge one way or another. I think some of us have merely been expressing concerns over these positions. The season will, of course, play out as it will, and we will all be in a better position to comment at some later date.

There are bound to be hiccups here and there and I don't expect the Als to have a "clean sheet" to borrow a term from the other football sport (soccer). So, let's wish our guys well.

Go Als go!!!!