Dazed and confused about Charlie's excuse.

they did spread 4 receivers out (3 left, 1 right). but the argos kept 8 in the box anyway.

In that case he should have thrown to one of them. They clearly would have been open.

The way things were going, he might have bounced the throw...

It's not an issue of should've had Williams in there. It's an issue of picking up a yard or less. This team can't do it on third down. I'm not ranting, this is just a fact. They have been stopped so many times on third and short. It doesn't happen often in the CFL but when it does you can bet the Ticats are involved. It's bewildering.

8) Maybe we should gamble and throw a pass for the first down next time !!
It certainly would catch the opposition completely off guard from our usual 3rd down attempt  !!                   <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Like the 1999 Eastern Final - what a heart stopper! I’m glad it worked out but I would rather not try that too often :wink: .

It is an idea though. But then Tipper, if it doesn’t work out you’ll hear “why didn’t they just hand it off to Piercy?”.

I look at it as they made a decision and it wasn’t necessarily the wrong one. They just didn’t execute. It should be automatic.

When you can't execute a third and one inch what makes anyone think Charlie could figure out how to get a whole yard. Heck this guy can't figure out how to throw a swing or screen pass when the the Argos put their entire team on the line. The coaching is pathetic and it drives me crazy reading the same people defending the guy over and over.

If you see eight men in the box you all an audible that cancels the play call and call a play like a quick hitter - screan pass or something that the Ars# &ole# can not defend. It is on Charlie and the rest of the coaching staff. They need to change things up instaed of telagraphing the play.
Eveyrone in the stands saw - run - run
Bush league coaching

I think I have realized the problem....Charlie Taffe is trying to do too much..In addition to our head coach:

Hes our FB (couldnt execute a third and inch)
Hes our QB (couldnt figure out how to throw a swing or screen pass)
He's our OC (calling in the offensive plays)
He's our QB again (to audible on the line after he sees that the Argos have 8 men in the box)

How DARE you make sense here Crash, you’ve got alot of bloody nerve, I suggest you retract your post and apologize before I report you and have you banned!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thup:

I’m sick of hearing this “bush league” accusation thrown around on this forum. Any time something doesn’t go someone’s way, then the CFL is “bush league”. What the hell does that mean? It shows an amazingly strong inferiority complex that many Canadians have. It shows what’s really deep in their psyche about the CFL. “This shows what the CFL really is - a bush league”. Do you ever hear this when an NFL coach or ref makes a bad call - that the NFL is “bush league”? This is something that is harboured deep in many Canadians, this feeling that we’re not as good as the Americans. Go see a shrink and build your self esteem my friend. It wasn’t the wrong call. They simply got outplayed on that play. Eight guys in the box doesn’t matter. If you can’t get less than one yard then you didn’t run the play correctly. If Casey had audibled and called a pass or a sweep or anything else and it was unsuccessful, then it would be more of “cut this bum” talk. It was a call that went bad. Taffe also took heat for NOT gambling earlier. Rightfully so, that was a mere six inches. But you can’t have it both ways. They had to go for it and giving it to your fullback is the right call. If they had given it to Jesse he would’ve been stuffed as well. The Argos D had that play shut down from go. And that is execution. They wanted it more.

Audible calls are on the QB and if he's not authorized to call said audibles then it's a moot point.

Fact is it was the right call and awful execution of that call. so what the Argos saw run the whole way. It happens every game in the CFL and the other teams get the yard. It's talent on the field and that talent executing a simple play. When you rush how we rush how can you blame the coaching staff for one play.

We get the first down then Taaffe would be a genius.
Sorry for your luck, Charlie.
Maybe we will win next week with revamped oline.

It wasn’t about how to get Richie
into the game, willythorn,

it was about losing time on the clock
getting Casey back into the game.

Charlie also said they were using a ‘fire’ Offence
which I believe means a ‘no huddle’ Offence.

borehamgirl, IMO, Charlie didn’t
want Casey to do QB sneaks

because someone might yank his thumb
under the cover of a pile of players,

it wasn’t because Charlie thought
Casey wasn’t able
to do QB sneaks.

If anyone thinks players are above that,

they should see what happens

when water polo players
get up close and personal

under water in the pool.

The defensive line plays a yard off the ball. Let Casey fall forward, and the drive is still alive.

Why extend the play by handing it off to the fullback out of a deep I? It was a stupid call in that situation.