DaVon Fowlkes Worth A Try at Wide Receiver

DaVon Fowlkes did a nice job returning punts in the game against the Argos last Saturday. He had two returns for a total of 25 yards.

Now that the playoffs are out of sight for the Ticats, it would be nice to see them give Fowlkes some game reps at receiver. In 2004, Fowlkes was the leading receiver in the NCAA Division 1AA with 103 catches for 1618 yards and 14 TDs. Maybe he could add a spark to the Ticat receiving corps.

I agree 100%. I thought he was terrific in training camp.

Yeah, that'd be great....but we need to get the ball to our wideouts when they're open. Let's see what Cahlil Hill can do when he gets open and we can't get the ball to him. Even the inside receivers are usually overthrown.........get the picture. :cowboy:

Good point, Buckwheat. Sometime before the season ends, the Ticats might want to try out the guy who threw the 103 completions and 14 TDs to Fowlkes back in 2004. His name is Richie Williams.

Richie Williams could be the next Chuck Ealey, while I fear Jason Maas is the next Lee Saltz.
Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7)

Richie Williams could be the next Chuck Ealey, while I fear Jason Maas is the next Lee Saltz.
Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7)

Pat I dont think you can say that after he has only played a tiny bit .

I agree about Fowlkes , if he`s willing to work hard to get open and fight for balls i say get him in thier !!!!

I just looked at his bio and the guy is only 5 8 whats with this team and small recievers ??