Davis signed with TiCats

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 8m8 minutes ago
Hearing DB Emanuel Davis has agreed to terms with #Ticats after working out for several #NFL teams.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

It is a one year deal

Matthew Scianitti ?@TSNScianitti 17m17 minutes ago
Can confirm earlier reports: #CFL sources say paperwork is now done and Emanuel Davis will return to #Ticats on a 1 year deal. #CFLFA

2015 stats
Year Team- TKL- STT- Sacks- Ints- TD
2015- HAM-- 61---- 8----- 1----- 5----- 3

Incredible frigging news. :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :smiley:

A big…

…WHEW!!!

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Really did not think we had a hope in a hell of seeing this thread one day, I thought he was as good as gone.

Murray, Stephens, Butler, Washington, Davis annnnd Sears/Daly rotating...goddamn that's almost not fair.

I am absolutely stoked about the potential this defence has this season, they could be absolute monsters, an even better version of the defence we fielded the last couple seasons which is saying a lot.

I am giddy right now...New contract for Davis check, cap friendly extension for Joe Flacco check...I am a happy football fan today.

June cannot come fast enough, it's full steam ahead now.

Well the starting D backs are all ready to go. Hopefully, the free agent camps will produce some backups/ special teamers like Stewart and Gainey. Davis , Courtney Stephen, and Murray are ball hawks. If Sears can stay healthy, we have the best DBs in the league. Butler and Daly give us depth and strength down the middle. :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

My first five-seconds after seeing this news...

:| (Yeah, right.) :o (Wait. Really?) :) (Nice.) :D (Yeah!) :rockin: (WOO HOO!!!)

Very glad to see Davis return as I thought he would if his NFL opportunities didn't materialize as he wanted! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Had just seen where Hickman signed with the Blew team and then saw that Davis had re-signed which made the other news easier to swallow - a bit! (not that I expected Hickman to return - but the guys down the QEW have signed 3/4 of a DL from us!) :twisted:

Hmmm… silence from the team on this. Issue?

was bummed out over the Hickman signing now I seen this.. fan freakin tastic :thup:

Not unusual.

The team must register a contract with the league prior to announcing a signing. The league has to review it to ensure it meets all league requirements. I imagine an announcement will happen relatively soon.

The team has officially announced the Davis signing

http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-re-sign-cfl-all-star-defensive-back-davis/

:D

Hey if the price of re-signing and paying Big Teddy and E.Davis meant we had to part ways with Hick,Hall and Bulcke then I say that's a trade off I'll take any day of the week in my books :smiley: . I mean realistically the only surprise out of the three in my opinion was Hall, I really wasn't expecting Hick or Bulcke back this season anyway. The fact that all 3 signed down the road in Toronto with the Blew team actually puts a smile on my face :slight_smile: as all 3 are very replaceable and just shows how much depth we have on our D-Line that I honestly don't think that none of them will be missed that much this season anyways. It's definitely going to make things more interesting though this year when we play them Argo-Nots and we look across to the other side and we see those 3 playing on the D-Line in those goofy coloured Blue uniforms :stuck_out_tongue: . Oh yea but the best part of all will be seeing numbers #97 and #20 still in the right coloured uniforms creating havoc for the BEST "D" in the league. :rockin: :smiley:

Good read about the reasons Emmanuel chose to sign with us:

[url=http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/6375533-loyalty-factor-keeps-davis-a-tiger-cat/]http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/637 ... tiger-cat/[/url]

It may be only a one year contract, so he probably will try the NFL again next off-season (and who could blame him), but if unsuccessful again I imagine he will "do the right thing" and sign again with us. He is a remarkable person who overcame huge adversity to be where he is today, and we are very fortunate to have him in Hamilton and playing for OUR team.

:cowboy:

Thanks for posting article.

""I wanted to prove my loyalty to the city and the football organization. They were the first team to give me a shot," Davis said. "It was a long road and Hamilton has been home."

:thup: :thup:

bobo - Didn't expect to see Hickman back either but I was hoping that Bulcke would return. He was a good national player who unfortunately had injury problems. However I know that we do have other excellent national players to step in. Appears that Austin either likes the players waiting to play (Gaydosh e.g.), better, or wasn't willing to take a chance on Bulcke staying healthy - especially at a higher salary - or maybe some of both. Agree that keeping Teddy was really the most important deal to get done and inevitably led to the team having to let some other players walk.