David Naylor picks the Ti-Cats over the Alouettes

Hamilton Tiger-Cats (6-8) at Montreal Alouettes (12-2)

Sunday

If it’s not panic time in Steeltown, it’s getting close. The Tiger-Cats have dropped five of their past six and their play during the first quarter – a problem all season – just seems to be getting worse. Receiver Arland Bruce III called out for a quarterback change and it appears he’s going to get it, with Kevin Glenn likely to earn the start ahead of Quinton Porter. Emotionally, the Ticats need to find the energy they’ve been lacking since a big win over Toronto on Labour Day. The Als just keep rolling with nothing left to play for in the East Division. But one of these weeks, they’re due for a letdown and this could be it.

The Pick Hamilton

B.C. Lions (7-7) at Winnipeg Blue Bombers (6-8)

It’s been a long, slow climb for the Lions back to .500, but they’ve arrived. Quarterback Buck Pierce has responded to the pressure applied by head coach Wally Buono a few weeks back, and the defence has evolved into one that can again strike fear into the hearts of opposing QBs. The Blue Bombers have gotten up off the mat, winners of three games in a row with quarterback Michael Bishop playing his best football in two years. The defence was never the problem in the ’Peg, nor was the running game. Now that the Bombers can throw the ball, they’re dangerous.

The Pick Winnipeg?

[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/week-17/article1324189/]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/w ... le1324189/[/url]

I'm surprised no one commented on Naylor's prediction of a Hamilton win.

yea i gree on the fact that the only way the ticats could beat the als is if they have a leftdown. But it won't happen.

There’s also the possibility of resting starters since first place has been clinched.

I think it's reasonable to expect the Als to have a letdown and/or a rest-some-starters game sometime in their final four. And, it's most likely to happen in the next three as they'll want to be cooking on all cylinders in the last week at TOR -- their final tune-up for the final two weeks later. Unfortunately, the odds are 2-1 it'll happen against WPG and probably there next Saturday.